what's up with smutties.com ?

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

fetishbank

what's up with smutties.com ?

Post by fetishbank »

I'm having 42 links in error status and they are all subdomains of smutties.com, owned by different users.

I suppose it is a free blog host. Instead of the blogs I'm seeing their registration page. Not sure if it is affecting all their blogs or just some.

Does anyone know what's up there ? Is that a temporary problem ?
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
eshams

Re: what's up with smutties.com ?

Post by eshams »

I just noticed its down. I pmd the owner on his forum. I will update when i find anything out.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Trade IDs...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

Hello vrocks, it is not a linkspun problem. It's a smutties.com problem... service is still suspended...

(linkspun correctly cannot find the links as the pages are redirected to a warning page)

Wanted to know if any of you are using it and has fresh news...
eshams

Post by eshams »

I contacted another owner on a forum. He said he didn't know anything about the site being down. And would contact jeff who runs the site. So it seems like its just some technical problem that needs to be looked into.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

fetishbank wrote:Hello vrocks, it is not a linkspun problem. It's a smutties.com problem... service is still suspended...

(linkspun correctly cannot find the links as the pages are redirected to a warning page)

Wanted to know if any of you are using it and has fresh news...

:oops: :oops:
Nobody wants to play with me...
eshams

Post by eshams »

"Jeff has totally screwed that site up, I am looking for soemone to run it for me, but its all gone at this point"

Dave

Go ahead and remove back links to me.
Sorry.
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

Ok. I'm removing links right now.

I'm so sorry for you. You lost a lot of work. It is very risky to put a lot of work on blogs/sites hosted for free...
eshams

Post by eshams »

Yeah it sucks. I new the risk was there. I kinda felt that host wouldn't last so started spreading out my sites to another hosts. Just havent done any backlinking on them.
anexsia

Post by anexsia »

Damn, sorry to hear you lost all those blogs :(
edhel2005

Post by edhel2005 »

learned that lesson with smut.com, never again
venril

Post by venril »

Seriously, fuck freehosts! Even most reputable ones eventually screw you up (learned that with sensualwriter some time ago). If you were unfortunate, use Google cache or archive.org and rebuild them elsewhere (preferably on your own domain).
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

So if I built a freehost would you use it?
anexsia

Post by anexsia »

venril wrote:Seriously, fuck freehosts! Even most reputable ones eventually screw you up (learned that with sensualwriter some time ago). If you were unfortunate, use Google cache or archive.org and rebuild them elsewhere (preferably on your own domain).
what happened with sensualwriter? aren't they still up?
venril

Post by venril »

anexsia wrote:
venril wrote:Seriously, fuck freehosts! Even most reputable ones eventually screw you up (learned that with sensualwriter some time ago). If you were unfortunate, use Google cache or archive.org and rebuild them elsewhere (preferably on your own domain).
Had one blog there which was deleted for some reason. Nothing bad on that blog, it just was gone one day and several of my pms/emails/forum posts asking for explanation were not answered
mmichael0070

Post by mmichael0070 »

Smutties is back up with better hosting and people running it. If you had blogs on them before and know me from SC, PM me and I can help you get some made again depending on the affiliate programs that you promote. (50/day tops, I'm busy) I'm not really a part of it, just trying to help ;)
mmichael0070

Post by mmichael0070 »

venril wrote:
anexsia wrote:
Had one blog there which was deleted for some reason. Nothing bad on that blog, it just was gone one day and several of my pms/emails/forum posts asking for explanation were not answered
Put a page peel ad on SW or TL blogs to prevent people from clicking on 'flag'... ;)
Also, their forum is dead, emailing support is your best bet these days unless you can magically find Twan.
anexsia

Post by anexsia »

mmichael0070 wrote:Smutties is back up with better hosting and people running it. If you had blogs on them before and know me from SC, PM me and I can help you get some made again depending on the affiliate programs that you promote. (50/day tops, I'm busy) I'm not really a part of it, just trying to help ;)
Thanks for this offer! I believe I had about 29,367 blogs hosted with Smutties, mind giving me a hand? :D
anexsia

Post by anexsia »

Does anyone use Nasty Dollar's free blog host? Smut Post I think? how long have they been running it and does it seem pretty decent?
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

It isn't accepted by Twan so smutpost isn't doing me any favors...
mmichael0070

Post by mmichael0070 »

anexsia wrote:
mmichael0070 wrote:Smutties is back up with better hosting and people running it. If you had blogs on them before and know me from SC, PM me and I can help you get some made again depending on the affiliate programs that you promote. (50/day tops, I'm busy) I'm not really a part of it, just trying to help ;)
Thanks for this offer! I believe I had about 29,367 blogs hosted with Smutties, mind giving me a hand? :D
lol, that's more blogs than I have total..

But I can do it for a price if you want that many ;)