links in v links out

Hard links and their relation to SEO, methods and techniques, and resources welcome in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

webmasterx

links in v links out

Post by webmasterx »

Google seems to also take outgoing links into consideration when ranking sites for serp results, so do any of you work to a "golden ratio" of the number of links on your page to the number of inbound links to your page ie 3in:1out or whatever and does it work for you?
vrocks

Re: links in v links out

Post by vrocks »

No... But I usually try to keep it down a bit. Google is more interested in what you are linking out to and how often to certain things...

So if I have a site with 30 links out and 100 links into it... Google is most wondering what my 30 links are to.

I try to keep them targeted on a ratio...

So perhaps 20 of them are to trades with random trade text.. actually not random... niched... So I have a solo model that is small tits, petite, barely legal... My trades might be:

Barely Legal TGP
Small Tits Blog
etc...

And on the page I have links to FHG's with similar keywords... barely legal pics, small tits video, candid beach pics, barely legal candids, etc...

Guess what Google associates the page with and what keywords generate traffic?

Same with perhaps Cougar MILF... saggy tits cougar milf, cougar milf, milf cougar, etc...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
webmasterx

Post by webmasterx »

my guess would be long tail kw's including your linking anchor texts ie "cougar with big saggy tits" or simmilar (niche dependant)
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

Google couldn't care less about the outgoing links, except if you get caught in a link farm or so forth, i know sites with 300+ outgoing links ranking in top 5 for great kws.
webmasterx

Post by webmasterx »

webdanger wrote:Google couldn't care less about the outgoing links, except if you get caught in a link farm or so forth, i know sites with 300+ outgoing links ranking in top 5 for great kws.
I hope you dont link to any bad neighbourhoods then!

unfortunatly G do care about your outbound links, if you link to any bad neighbourhoods or dropped/dead domains it certainly has an effect on your serps!

now tell me they dont care about outbound links.