No follow tag on links

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

tonyparra

No follow tag on links

Post by tonyparra »

Does linkspun check for the no follow tag? I have a few trades that went to "link error" status, where it says the link is not found, but when i visit the persons page the link is there. So i can see it but linkspun cant. Is it due to the use of the nofollow tag?
redwhiteandblue

Re: No follow tag on links

Post by redwhiteandblue »

Try just hitting the Check Link button again, sometimes when the crawler accesses the page it will get an error response so thinks the link is not there, I have my own script to check links and the same happens sometimes.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

Yeah, sometimes its DNS, sometimes a host is having issues, sometimes it may be us having issues, so just check it again.

The spider will tell you if its NoFollow. It won't just show it as not found but will actually say Possible No Follow in red so you can't miss it.
ImageImage
tonyparra

Post by tonyparra »

jdoughs wrote:Yeah, sometimes its DNS, sometimes a host is having issues, sometimes it may be us having issues, so just check it again.

The spider will tell you if its NoFollow. It won't just show it as not found but will actually say Possible No Follow in red so you can't miss it.
Yeah i dont think these people are dishonest like that but after a few days some of my trades have gone to "link error" link not found. If it does let you know when the no follow tag is being used thats a great feature and load off my mind...but some of these have been going on a few days no should i delete the trade and restart it?
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

tonyparra wrote:
jdoughs wrote:Yeah, sometimes its DNS, sometimes a host is having issues, sometimes it may be us having issues, so just check it again.

Yeah i dont think these people are dishonest like that but after a few days some of my trades have gone to "link error" link not found. If it does let you know when the no follow tag is being used thats a great feature and load off my mind...but some of these have been going on a few days no should i delete the trade and restart it?
You can paste the trade url here and nobody can click through to it except me and you (and the other party) or PM it to me on the boards here, I'll check if its an issue.
ImageImage