Improvements: advanced search, alexa rank and google indexed

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

sextapeprivate

Improvements: advanced search, alexa rank and google indexed

Post by sextapeprivate »

I'd like to see another two columns beside PR, In and Out: Number of indexed pages on Google and Alexa page rank (this info could be updated daily)
Also, it would be of great help if a user could narrow list of sites by entering limits for all the parameters listed for sites. For example: I'd like to see a list of teen sites with Alexa rank less than 2 milion, with indexed pages on Google more than 1000 and with out links less than 60
vrocks

Re: Improvements: advanced search, alexa rank and google ind

Post by vrocks »

Sounds kinky... But this will be a paid feature when it is implemented.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

vrocks wrote:Sounds kinky... But this will be a paid feature when it is implemented.
...and personally, I´d be happy to pay for it :)
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

Sounds like a lot of bandwidth and cpu usage :D Maybe for non-paid usage we could export the niches as CSV documents for off-server analysis? For those of us who are cheap :P

- Sexsite69
sextapeprivate

Post by sextapeprivate »

sexsite69 wrote:Sounds like a lot of bandwidth and cpu usage :D Maybe for non-paid usage we could export the niches as CSV documents for off-server analysis? For those of us who are cheap :P

- Sexsite69
Right, I wouldn't pay for such a simple for implementing feature. I already implemented this on localhost, I just paste urls and get desired list of chosen ones after checking.
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

Im fairly sure Alexa for instance would charge for the API/per query ... so its probably not easy to do for free
sextapeprivate

Post by sextapeprivate »

Hincapie wrote:Im fairly sure Alexa for instance would charge for the API/per query ... so its probably not easy to do for free
No, it's already free.
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

Just remember, I'm sure vrocks can only donate so much of his time for free, too.
wind4me

Post by wind4me »

We are trading hardlinks, not traffic, I do not see much need for alexa rank (which also can be easily altered, not that many would do that for this particular case of course)
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

wind4me wrote:We are trading hardlinks, not traffic, I do not see much need for alexa rank (which also can be easily altered, not that many would do that for this particular case of course)
Personally I'm not that interested in the Alexa Traffic rank, but since we do not have Yahoo backlinks anymore I check Alexa Backlinks. If there is a better alternative of the Yahoo backlinks then I would love to see that.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

Hincapie wrote:Im fairly sure Alexa for instance would charge for the API/per query ... so its probably not easy to do for free
They do, through Amazon (see http://aws.amazon.com/awis/#pricing). But some info can be extracted from the Alexa site as well (you probably need some proxies if you do lots of requests).
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

You can get all that and more with the SEOQuake toolbar, although obviously you have to lookup each site manually.