Ummmmm...... (User: Attila)

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

greenguy

Ummmmm...... (User: Attila)

Post by greenguy »

I noticed back on the 7th that this trade showed up on the "LINK ERRORS" page.

I have to admit, I don't know how to take his reply.

I guess I have a couple links to pull.....
__PMI__

Re: Ummmmm...... (User: Attila)

Post by __PMI__ »

I stopped trading with him. He doesn't care about broken trades because "he has other priority things he must take care of" (his words).

You will wait for weeks for your link, and he will simply say "If you don't want to wait, drop all the links, I don't care, I don't have time now".
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

I had the same experience with him :(
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

I guess nobody ever told you "Stay green !" before : )
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
attila

Post by attila »

When I get a comment like "...This is your last chance - put my link back up or I'm pulling all our trades tomorrow."

I can't help but think. His name is greenguy, yet he's so mad in his comment he sounds like he's turning red in anger.

Hence why I think "stay green" is appropriate.

Anyway please block me if you don't want to receive trade requests from me.
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

I see nothing wrong with my "This is your last chance" comment - it's not like I sent you a message the day the link was removed & said that. I gave you 11 days.

But, it's really a moot point now as I see others have had the same problems with you.
attila

Post by attila »

Of course you don't. You are perfect.

Anywhoo, I stand behind my actions, what PMI said. I am really a bad guy.

I do not have much time that is why a 3rd party handles my links.
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

Just out of interest ... if a third party handles your linktrades - why are you happy with him handling it in a way that causes you to loose links? It seems fairly strange to employ someone to do a bad job
attila wrote:Of course you don't. You are perfect.
Anywhoo, I stand behind my actions, what PMI said. I am really a bad guy.
I do not have much time that is why a 3rd party handles my links.
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

Hincapie wrote:Just out of interest ... if a third party handles your linktrades - why are you happy with him handling it in a way that causes you to loose links? It seems fairly strange to employ someone to do a bad job
Good question
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

attila wrote:Of course you don't. You are perfect...
I am FAR from perfect, but I have the feeling your view of me goes further back than this link trade.

Let me guess: in 2002 you submitted a site to me, I rejected it & you threw a hissy fit because you didn't think my rules were fair?

Sound about right?
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

You did that to me once ! :twisted:
I still have a little green voodoo doll that I pierce repeatedly every friday in memory of this event :ugeek:
greenguy wrote:
attila wrote:Of course you don't. You are perfect...
I am FAR from perfect, but I have the feeling your view of me goes further back than this link trade.
Let me guess: in 2002 you submitted a site to me, I rejected it & you threw a hissy fit because you didn't think my rules were fair?
Sound about right?
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

Never had problems with him :)
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

Cant remember to have issues with attila. Seems a good trade partner. I have 16 trades active, dating back end of 2010.

Tbh, my reaction on "This is your last chance..." would probably be something similar.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Not sure I'd pull them all... I'd definitely cancel if after 11 days my link wasn't up.

Of course if I looked back and saw that all of the other traders links dropped PR compared to mine and his aren't being updated, then I'd use this as a good indication that I might want to drop the other trades as well...

I use linkspun to save me a ton of time in setting up trades and making sure they stay active. Having to go through and remove my other trades would seem counter productive towards my ultimate goal.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
venril

Post by venril »

Never had an issue with Attila. Why all the drama? I just pull links if no response in 10 days or so.
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

CodeR70 wrote:Cant remember to have issues with attila. Seems a good trade partner. I have 16 trades active, dating back end of 2010.

Tbh, my reaction on "This is your last chance..." would probably be something similar.
I dunno, 11 days seems plenty long enough to replace a link that was removed especially given that Green guy is getting the worse end of the deal since he has the higher PR.
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

venril wrote:Never had an issue with Attila. Why all the drama? I just pull links if no response in 10 days or so.
I always give the other guy a chance to replace links in case they were removed in error by commenting on the trade. But 11 days with no answer for sure is bad business.
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing