lossing my position on google

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

ghiocmarius

lossing my position on google

Post by ghiocmarius »

now i am at position 21 at kyw hot naked girls. and i whas at position 9
dennyn

Re: lossing my position on google

Post by dennyn »

Dude, that's normal... your site is 3 weeks old so still consider yourself lucky being #21.
ghiocmarius

Post by ghiocmarius »

will be back on position 9 or higher ?
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

ghiocmarius wrote:will be back on position 9 or higher ?
If google considers your site to be quality/authority than yes in a few months you'll go back up.
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

ghiocmarius wrote:now i am at position 21 at kyw hot naked girls. and i whas at position 9
Don't worry about it. You'll get on Google list higher and lower as well in the future. It's normal.
anexsia

Post by anexsia »

It's very normal as others have said. The one thing I really hate is when I update an old blog that's getting good traffic and Google decides to cut the traffic in half as soon as I update and it takes a few months to get the traffic back.
luxv66

Post by luxv66 »

anexsia wrote:It's very normal as others have said. The one thing I really hate is when I update an old blog that's getting good traffic and Google decides to cut the traffic in half as soon as I update and it takes a few months to get the traffic back.
I'm not an SEO expert by any means but one thing I know for a fact is that Google hates any kind of change. Even changes for the better, G hates. I've been dropped for removing popunders, cleaning up tags, whatever.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

From my own personal experience...

Lets say I get the domain: hotgirlsfucking.com

And I ask for keyword 'hot girls fucking' and I even put some like 'hot girls fucking guys' or hot girls fucking girls' whatever...

In my experience I might actually get #1 for hot girls fucking and the others for spots 3 and 8 perhaps...

But then they might disappear completely... This is because they looked HOT to Google... The site came out. It was busy... It got hits from my trades (traffic). It got hits from link directories... It got links from my network.... it got links from LS trades...

It looked like it was the shit... But then the links in got slower... The traffic didn't keep increasing.... Google realized this wasn't the next Twitter or Facebook or even Red Tube...

So Google adjusted its results and now I am not on page 1 or even 2...

But after a month or more I keep adding links... I keep acquiring it more traffic from outside sources... and then Google says hmm... This site is a good match for #3, #2 and #1 respectively for each keyword above... Now I need to keep things up to keep it there...

Also... is the site a blog? Does its content change? Google might decide the page Title, meta tags, content, etc don't accurately reflect that position for those keywords anymore...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
anexsia

Post by anexsia »

luxv66 wrote:
anexsia wrote:It's very normal as others have said. The one thing I really hate is when I update an old blog that's getting good traffic and Google decides to cut the traffic in half as soon as I update and it takes a few months to get the traffic back.
I'm not an SEO expert by any means but one thing I know for a fact is that Google hates any kind of change. Even changes for the better, G hates. I've been dropped for removing popunders, cleaning up tags, whatever.
Seems that way! I got one of those messages in Google Webmaster Tools that says "Congratulations! Your site has had a significant traffic increase!" so I'm like hey let me throw in a few updates then! 2 days later...traffic drops 50% :lol: I've noticed that after awhile the traffic comes back and usually with more...but not always!
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

Tell me about it! Google webmaster tools is great, you can really see how Google hates change. I think you can change some things (such as adding or removing a link), but don't change the structure of the div tags and html elements as much as possible.

Hacking up wordpress and making site-wide changes to the headers will kill your rankings. Trust me, I know. I had been stuck in a loop for the past few weeks, constantly making changes. Then it hit me, Google hates site wide changes. I noticed a few things about the initial crawl once I changed stuff:

- Google uses intelligent guessing strategies to discover pages and duplicate content. It will test your links for possible variations. If you look at your logs you'll see tons of 404's from Google testing to see if you have hidden pages or directories. It will try your canonical urls and it will also try your archive urls even if you haven't linked to them directly. It might also try to append all sorts of query strings to see if your pages are dynamic, based on what it already knows about existing site structures. That's why correct robots meta tags should be used, otherwise Google will decide for you. If you use caching, make sure you aren't caching these non-existent query pages. Make sure your site is returning a proper 404 for pages that don't exist!

- Google verifies it's own data from multiple IPs. Basically Google will spot check a few of your pages to make sure the sitemap structure and content is still the same as it was during the initial crawl. It can take a long time to verify especially if the site keeps changing.

- Crawl data takes up to 2 week before appearing in Google webmaster tools. If you decide to mess around with htaccess and 301 redirects, it might not appear in webmaster tools for a while.

The serps might shift around a little bit based on user interaction and non-html metrics, such as page load time, time on site and bounce rate. These things all affect your serps.

Here are some possible issues with your site:

- Error 500 for all your webcam query links: http://live.hotnakedgirls.us/viewcam.php?id=fuckableass . Either fix the error, or if you aren't serving these pages anymore you can 404 them using .htaccess and RedirectMatch .

- Pages being indexed by Google include canonical links and /page/ links, ie: http://www.hotnakedgirls.us/page/3/ Some people say just let Google decide. But, if you look in webmaster tools you will probably see these /page/ links come up as duplicate content. I would say don't touch it, it probably wasn't hurting my rankings but I decided to fuck with the robots meta tags for all the pages and posts on my site. I wanted to de-index all the /page/ links and only allow the canonical links to be indexed. You can get into a lot of trouble doing this incorrectly so my advice once again is leave it alone unless you're sure about what you're doing - and if you do make some changes, test them on another site first!

From my experience and knowledge, I would say that if you're going to implement a sitewide change, DO IT ON A TEST SERVER | SUBDOMAIN | NON-INDEXED LOCATION ! I can't stress this enough. How many times have I activated plugins just to test them on the live site? Too many to count. It hurts... Don't do it! You never know when the Google spider is going to hit your site and go: "Wait a minute, something is different here. I'd better take two whole weeks to verify the data."

Lastly, if you are going to implement a sitewide change, wait a full 2-3 weeks before deciding if you're going to stick with the change or try something else.

I hope I posted something useful for you!
sabyc200

Post by sabyc200 »

I never use Google Webmaster Tools or Google Analytics... it's like letting the enemy into your house :D ! I use other tracking software. As soon as I dropped GWT and GA i've seen an increase in traffic.
ghiocmarius

Post by ghiocmarius »

Sexsite69 thank you very much !!!
dennyn

Post by dennyn »

Yep, it seems you change WP themes on a daily basis. That's not good for SEO.
dennyn

Post by dennyn »

sabyc200 wrote:I never use Google Webmaster Tools or Google Analytics... it's like letting the enemy into your house :D ! I use other tracking software.
Same here ;)
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

sexsite69 wrote:It will test your links for possible variations. If you look at your logs you'll see tons of 404's from Google testing to see if you have hidden pages or directories. It will try your canonical urls and it will also try your archive urls even if you haven't linked to them directly. It might also try to append all sorts of query strings to see if your pages are dynamic...
This specific point is hard to believe. I never noticed it in the past and to double check I downloaded my raw logfile and carefully checked into it. There are always some weird things, but nothing of what you're talking about.

It would be interesting to reverse-dns one of those spiders who claims to be a googlebot and see where it comes from....
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
ghiocmarius

Post by ghiocmarius »

i change the theme and now i leave this one for ever. sorry just learn from sexsite69 to test on another site who is not on google
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

sabyc200 wrote:I never use Google Webmaster Tools or Google Analytics... it's like letting the enemy into your house :D ! I use other tracking software. As soon as I dropped GWT and GA i've seen an increase in traffic.
It seems that there is someone talking sense in here, you couldn't be more right my man.
However once you have them inside the site through the front door the damage is hard to repair.
deejay

Post by deejay »

seomedia wrote:
sabyc200 wrote:I never use Google Webmaster Tools or Google Analytics... it's like letting the enemy into your house :D ! I use other tracking software. As soon as I dropped GWT and GA i've seen an increase in traffic.
It seems that there is someone talking sense in here, you couldn't be more right my man.
However once you have them inside the site through the front door the damage is hard to repair.
Yup! I had a site with around 250 pages of unique, handwritten content without a single affiliate link that took a nose dive in October 2010, so that was pre-Panda. Couldn't figure out what the hell the problem was, then I read something - think it was on seowatch - about a guy who removed a couple of sites from Webmaster Tools after they'd been Pandalised. The sites regained their traffic within a couple of weeks. Did the same with mine and it's almost back to where it was.

That's taken 8 - 9 months, but there was no work involved other than one click to remove the site from Webmaster Tools. So it's worth a try, although patience has proved to be a virtue :-)
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

deejay wrote:
seomedia wrote:
Yup! I had a site with around 250 pages of unique, handwritten content without a single affiliate link that took a nose dive in October 2010, so that was pre-Panda. Couldn't figure out what the hell the problem was, then I read something - think it was on seowatch - about a guy who removed a couple of sites from Webmaster Tools after they'd been Pandalised. The sites regained their traffic within a couple of weeks. Did the same with mine and it's almost back to where it was.

That's taken 8 - 9 months, but there was no work involved other than one click to remove the site from Webmaster Tools. So it's worth a try, although patience has proved to be a virtue :-)
The time limit is more or less what you're stating and clients don't want to wait 6 to 12 months for a natural re-serp of their site. So there are also a few cleaning stages, to find your print on Google, then to remove them one at the time. What I'm saying today can change in 30 minutes. Google has changed direct course 13 times already this year and a total of 192 micro-moves since Nov 2011. It's a Russian roulette, where Google has all blanks in their gun and we don't. The best way but it is a time lagger is to have 2 sites/blogs/tubes with similar (not identical) content and layouts and make the moves with them first, this is usually done by a 2 or more man team and is usually preformed for large sites, but if you have the time and the money you can do it yourself.
cyberhustler

Post by cyberhustler »

Like I posted on GFY, my little rule of thumb for established sites is add, but don't change or remove. Not as easy as it sounds and you have to bend the rule sometimes, but I don't have the issues stated in this thread anymore... for years.
dennyn

Post by dennyn »

Yep, even changing WP themes can hurt your rankings.
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

fetishbank wrote:
sexsite69 wrote:It will test your links for possible variations. If you look at your logs you'll see tons of 404's from Google testing to see if you have hidden pages or directories. It will try your canonical urls and it will also try your archive urls even if you haven't linked to them directly. It might also try to append all sorts of query strings to see if your pages are dynamic...
This specific point is hard to believe. I never noticed it in the past and to double check I downloaded my raw logfile and carefully checked into it. There are always some weird things, but nothing of what you're talking about.

It would be interesting to reverse-dns one of those spiders who claims to be a googlebot and see where it comes from....
I believe it's related to wordpress sites. I haven't seen it on other sites. For example, if G identifies your site as wordpress it will automatically try certain things that are inherent to wordpress such as /tag/ , /page/ , /2012/ , etc. So even if you don't have that in your sitemap or your internal links, the bot will still try and access that data. (Unless you block it)

- SS69
deejay

Post by deejay »

seomedia wrote:The time limit is more or less what you're stating and clients don't want to wait 6 to 12 months for a natural re-serp of their site. So there are also a few cleaning stages, to find your print on Google, then to remove them one at the time. What I'm saying today can change in 30 minutes. Google has changed direct course 13 times already this year and a total of 192 micro-moves since Nov 2011. It's a Russian roulette, where Google has all blanks in their gun and we don't. The best way but it is a time lagger is to have 2 sites/blogs/tubes with similar (not identical) content and layouts and make the moves with them first, this is usually done by a 2 or more man team and is usually preformed for large sites, but if you have the time and the money you can do it yourself.
Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

Targeting the same keyword with more than one site has always been a sensible strategy. But the best is probably to forget about Google and focus on building new traffic sources. The current situation with them is a total piss take and there is plenty of other sources out there.

That said, if you're working for clients, the obsession with Google is something you'll need to come to terms with. Good luck!
deejay

Post by deejay »

sexsite69 wrote:I believe it's related to wordpress sites. I haven't seen it on other sites. For example, if G identifies your site as wordpress it will automatically try certain things that are inherent to wordpress such as /tag/ , /page/ , /2012/ , etc. So even if you don't have that in your sitemap or your internal links, the bot will still try and access that data. (Unless you block it)

- SS69
That sounds about right. Archives, author pages and search strings all appear in Webmaster Tools for some - although not all - Wordpress sites. That happens even when they haven't been included in a site map and, in the case of search strings, when all search fields have been removed.

I spent a while jumping through hoops trying to fix the html errors flagged in Webmaster Tools. Total waste of effort. Hasn't made an ounce of difference to the Google traffic for half a dozen sites.
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

deejay wrote:
seomedia wrote:The time limit is more or less what you're stating and clients don't want to wait 6 to 12 months for a natural re-serp of their site. So there are also a few cleaning stages, to find your print on Google, then to remove them one at the time. What I'm saying today can change in 30 minutes. Google has changed direct course 13 times already this year and a total of 192 micro-moves since Nov 2011. It's a Russian roulette, where Google has all blanks in their gun and we don't. The best way but it is a time lagger is to have 2 sites/blogs/tubes with similar (not identical) content and layouts and make the moves with them first, this is usually done by a 2 or more man team and is usually preformed for large sites, but if you have the time and the money you can do it yourself.
Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

Targeting the same keyword with more than one site has always been a sensible strategy. But the best is probably to forget about Google and focus on building new traffic sources. The current situation with them is a total piss take and there is plenty of other sources out there.

That said, if you're working for clients, the obsession with Google is something you'll need to come to terms with. Good luck!
Totally agree, there are lot of other sources we can focus on, while google fix their issues. Right now google is an untrusted source you can be at 1st position today and tomorrow you will wake up at third page or even worst not only happen to brand new sites nor wordpress installations it also happen with well established sites. I've heard some of my friends got into a dancing for keywords that they have been ranking top 1 in google about 4 years now. Also Matt cutts has stated that their were recently removing manually some sites involved in blog networks. Also there are other changes related to ads space on the sites that were released last month that can bann you from the search results. And it seem they will keep making some new changes that will "improve" user experience. Meaning of this if your site will not be save anymore it does not matter if is a solid one or a new one. Google sucks they really don't care about end users just make a search for new york escorts, and you will get lot of google maps result on top of organic search this is on google.com global now if you use a proxy you will have ads + google maps on top of the organic results this means they prioritize their own apps on search results this is only for locations related keywords, other thing you may notice is that youtube videos gets better serp than a sites that's has been well optimized both on page and off page optimization plus lot of incoming links wondering why? Simple google owns it. I was wondering start using youtube as a network making ton of videos and linking it each other from different accounts It might help me to drive more traffic to my sites. I haven't do it yet because a lack of time but I will try to make it after hours and I will let you know the results maybe this can be a solution or a new way to got traffic and some how it will help to rank better.
Any way we might think to start looking around for other traffic sources. Here I let you couple of links that are related to new changes on google enjoy it and learn from it. ;-)
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... ement.html
http://www.robsnell.com/dear-bing-and-g ... livan.html
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-to-check ... s-rankings
Olexis Omar
e-mail: [email protected]
Site: http://www.observe.com
RickDiculous

Post by RickDiculous »

great thread, bookmarking this one. How can adding a new post to you blog be considered as "change" ? Doesn't Google like fresh new content?

Just hired a writer to do more posts and a guy to set up more trades and this made most of my SERPS drop like crazy.
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

RickDiculous wrote:How can adding a new post to you blog be considered as "change" ? Doesn't Google like fresh new content?
Possible reasons why Google doesn't currently love your site:
- Post frequency and volume can be detrimental if the established pattern changes.
- Multiple edits of the same post (Check any auto-ping setting you may have. If you are pinging each time you edit, it's not the best.)
RickDiculous wrote: Just hired a writer to do more posts and a guy to set up more trades and this made most of my SERPS drop like crazy.
I'd have to take a closer look at your setup but it sounds like Google detected a change in the frequency of your posts and inbound links. The issue may also be with outbound links from your site. For example, if you accidentally link to a page that is "known" for malware. PM me if you would like me to have a peek at what's going on with your site.

Keep in mind, breaking established patterns is fine as long as you stick to the new pattern. It might take a few weeks to adjust, just stick with it.

- SS69
PornGuy

Post by PornGuy »

So for those of you who have dropped Analytics etc. whats the best to use. I would prefer free but can pay if its worth it.

I saw one that works a LOT like analytics but I dont recall what it was.. It was free and Live.
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

PornGuy wrote:So for those of you who have dropped Analytics etc. whats the best to use.
If you're using wordpress check out slimstat. Has some nice features like logging outbound clicks without setting up event tracking.

I'm using analytics over slimstat right now for db performance reasons. I've gotten to compare both. There's different data in both and they're worth checking out individually. One major difference is that slimstat will show the bots and search engines. (Not sure if analytics can do this, I haven't seen it but analytics is complex and I haven't explored it all)

Maybe someone can suggest something similar for non wp sites?

- SS69
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

I'm using WP so I'll try slimstat. It looks quite useful. Thanks for the suggestion!
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

If any of you guys looking for a Google Analytics alternative and you want to run it on your own host then check out Piwik (http://piwik.org/).
deejay

Post by deejay »

PornGuy wrote:So for those of you who have dropped Analytics etc. whats the best to use. I would prefer free but can pay if its worth it.
Statcounter is free, easy to install and does an OK job. It's similar to AWstats but has exit link tracking, which is useful.
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

Just to show you that PR really doesn't mean much, you had a top 10 listing with a PR0 and now you can't be found with a PR4
ghiocmarius

Post by ghiocmarius »

An i hope i will fix that soon
kinkybrian

Post by kinkybrian »

Thanks for the info sexsite69. It never occurred to me that change by itself is something google doesn't trust. I might change over to slimstat because I find the changes they made to Google Analytics to be really annoying, and all my sites are wordpress.
xlinklist

Post by xlinklist »

greenguy wrote:Just to show you that PR really doesn't mean much, you had a top 10 listing with a PR0 and now you can't be found with a PR4
You are so right.
PR is completely irrelevant in SERP. A big PR does not necessarily bring you big traffic.

ghiocmarius

Post by ghiocmarius »

I am back in top 10 for hot naked girls and hot naked girl. Top 20 for naked girls
wraith

Post by wraith »

ghiocmarius wrote:I am back in top 10 for hot naked girls and hot naked girl. Top 20 for naked girls
Yeah.
For the little bit of content you had, but once google visits your site again since you ditched everything... you can kiss it good-bye.

On a side note, if it doesn't disappear... then I'd like to know why I've been bothering to make quality, handwritten stuff for when it's become obvious it's a complete waste of time and gets pushed aside by BS sites like this......
deejay

Post by deejay »

wraith wrote:On a side note, if it doesn't disappear... then I'd like to know why I've been bothering to make quality, handwritten stuff for when it's become obvious it's a complete waste of time and gets pushed aside by BS sites like this......
If you're doing just that - making quality sites for surfers - you're going to stay ahead of the game.

The most important numbers are the dollars your site visitors drop into your bank account. You can make good money with a site that sees just 50 visitors a day, but only if you're giving those visitors exactly what they want to pay for. You can make zip all with a site that has 50,000 visitors a day if they've seen it all for free before.
olexisomar

Post by olexisomar »

PornGuy wrote:Maybe someone can suggest something similar for non wp sites?
Personally I use Clicky Web Analytics for non wordpress sites, maybe you should check it.
Olexis Omar
e-mail: [email protected]
Site: http://www.observe.com