Thoughts on disallowing Thumblogger brand sites.

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

jdoughs
Site Admin

Thoughts on disallowing Thumblogger brand sites.

Post by jdoughs »

I've pretty much had it up to here with spending my time chasing whitelists and blacklists and not having my emails, posts or messages answered.

I think if these massive free hosts are ran by nobody, and no admins are actively looking after them, that they should be not allowed to be added to the tool.

It takes 30-60 seconds to add our IP(s) to the whitelist, and I can't even get them to tell me to 'go fuck myself'.

I suspect the last thumblogger/sensualwriter/insertTwanFreehost here will be added this weekend.
ImageImage
Relentless

Re: Thoughts on disallowing Thumblogger brand sites.

Post by Relentless »

If the people using LS who have sites with thumbblogger all contact them id think they would get you whitelisted pretty quickly. If they cant be bothered or thumbblogger cant be bothered... i dont see why you should be bothered to clean up their mess for them....
internetmarketer

Post by internetmarketer »

for some reason some of my sw trades were picked up by the linkspun bot so who knows. i mention to my trades the linkspun bot my not picked up the trade although links are still up.
Jeffrey_L

Post by Jeffrey_L »

Jdoughs,

You have to do what you have to do. I understand where you are coming from with this. It's kinda annoying too, always having to worry about your links not really being there when they are.

I know you have done your best to get in touch with other parties. To get this situation sorted.

Ah shoot, what the heck. I don't have many free hosted blogs ;)
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I have often wondered if his entire network is up on a prepaid hosting account and he died of an overdose or something. Many of his blog directories have referrer script errors and have had them for months... He never fixes the issue and I haven't seen him respond to the errors.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

vrocks wrote:I have often wondered if his entire network is up on a prepaid hosting account and he died of an overdose or something. Many of his blog directories have referrer script errors and have had them for months... He never fixes the issue and I haven't seen him respond to the errors.
As far as I can tell he's been Missing In Action since February of this year.

And nobody has responded to any of the emails or threads I've made, and I also see threads on his support boards from our other users (I think you VRocks posted one on sexus).

I'm not going to ban them yet, but it's truly becoming a winless battle.
ImageImage
internetmarketer

Post by internetmarketer »

venril

Post by venril »

Looks like we have an answer: http://www.adultwebmastergroup.com/show ... hp?t=13772

I'd say let's try some more till maybe 1st of September. Unfortunately, I have some old handwritten blogs there as many others it seems. Sure no way in hell I ever trust a free host in the future, but these were my first adult blogs :(
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

Very nice, that is the only response I needed to convince myself to continue allowing them.

I'm glad I got a response today.

EDIT - Guess it was VRocks who got a response, not me..LOL
ImageImage
RickDiculous

Post by RickDiculous »

Does any one have an ICQ # to contact someone from thumblogger? They blocked my IP and I can't even update my own blogs. I tried contacting them by email but they blocked that too.

I can't even view other users blogs, same thing for sensualwriter
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

ImageImage
RickDiculous

Post by RickDiculous »

Thank! did not know they had this feature. Will bookmark this one