How Many Trades Will You Accept?

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

alphamonk

How Many Trades Will You Accept?

Post by alphamonk »

There are some folks who are more active at requesting trades than others on this site which is natural. My question is how many trades would you guys do with any one webmaster before you decide that you have enough or maybe even too many trades with that one person.

If you have 1000 trades total and 100 of those trades are with one webmaster that person has 10% of your trades.

I really don't know what the best options are in this situation. I kinda like the idea of dealing with just a few webmasters for my all my trades on one hand but if one of your few trade partners goes out of business you lose a large percentage of your trades.

I would like to hear from some of you guys in the area of having many links with a few webmasters as opposed to a few links with a lot of webmasters.

I know the idea situation to be in is to have a lot of links from a lot of different webmasters but again some folks are not as active as others.
vrocks

Re: How Many Trades Will You Accept?

Post by vrocks »

alphamonk wrote:There are some folks who are more active at requesting trades than others on this site which is natural. My question is how many trades would you guys do with any one webmaster before you decide that you have enough or maybe even too many trades with that one person.

If you have 1000 trades total and 100 of those trades are with one webmaster that person has 10% of your trades.

I really don't know what the best options are in this situation. I kinda like the idea of dealing with just a few webmasters for my all my trades on one hand but if one of your few trade partners goes out of business you lose a large percentage of your trades.

I would like to hear from some of you guys in the area of having many links with a few webmasters as opposed to a few links with a lot of webmasters.

I know the idea situation to be in is to have a lot of links from a lot of different webmasters but again some folks are not as active as others.
I have to block good users because of this... Then they ask, "Hey, I added like 15 more pages/sites, can you unblock me?" NO! I cannot unblock you. Find others like me to trade with.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

I usually block only users who requests totally irrelevant and worthless trades from me. I message them to take more care for their requests and then block them if they don't understand it... I try to keep as many good partnership here as I can but I have to keep in focus my interests of course.
Recently I deleted a lot of links from my sites because those became worthless or were irrelevant to my niches. I had to admit myself that I accepted a lot of trades in the past which aren't good for me nowadays. So I try to keep all the links which are relevant and can be useful for me. I think a few but good trades are better solution than a lot of worse. The times when everybody tried to get as much links as they can it's over... IMHO.
wind4me

Post by wind4me »

vrocks wrote:
alphamonk wrote:There are some folks who are more active at requesting trades than others on this site which is natural. My question is how many trades would you guys do with any one webmaster before you decide that you have enough or maybe even too many trades with that one person.

I have to block good users because of this... Then they ask, "Hey, I added like 15 more pages/sites, can you unblock me?" NO! I cannot unblock you. Find others like me to trade with.
What if they add new sites on completely new server?
teenslave

Post by teenslave »

i also started once with sorting pages in linkspun for pr and requesting links as hell. it will bring you more blocks as trades in the end. i always sort by users - look users pages visit them - check out the niche.. if a site is relevant for one of mine i see users profile - how long is this user on linkspun - how much pages he got - what was his last connection time on LS... got the site any value. is the site indexed. niche relevant trades got more value then pr trades. ! when someone links back from a pr 2 gay site to my BBW site it got no value for me. first the niche then the pr. if i only trade with fear an user could drop my links. im on the wrong place here.
LS shows clearly the dates when someone registered here and when he was last time connected. also check out his pages. where place the users the backlinks? (footer??) is the site updatet - how long does the site exist?? that all are factors. best regards and good luck
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

I think you're right. Some years ago th main priority was to get as many links as you can. If the niche was relevant it was better but every links bring some value for you. Nowadays a link to an irrelevant/non-updated/penalized sites can decrease the value of your site.

I took an attempt with two of my sites I've built in the last 2 months. I didn't send them to bloglists or toplists, I didn' try to get backlinks from here to them. I only put text links to them in my sites. And not only to the homepage but to more category or tag pages. It works so far. Google sends more visitors to these sites than to some of my older sites.
Two days ago I replaced also bloglists backlinks from some of my sites. I'm waiting for the result, what can it cause in one month? If I have experiennce about it I'll tell you of course.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

wind4me wrote:
vrocks wrote:

What if they add new sites on completely new server?

Still no because they have undoubtedly linked them into many of their old sites and all of their current trading partners... All they did was increase the size of their tree not create a new forest altogether.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
alphamonk

Post by alphamonk »

Vrocks that was my feeling too just wanted other opinions on the subject
major48

Post by major48 »

Well what would help if there was at least a section for beginner webmasters to find some basic do's and dont's of linkspun. Maybe even a couple article's giving advice how to determine what is a good trade. I know you are thinking that "hey they should already know that stuff" well obviously we don't and maybe some of us want to learn. I say "us" and "we" because I am including myself because I really would like some tips. Yea you can search google to find help with seo but it would be nice to get the opinions of successful adult webmasters who use linkspun. You can talk about why you block someone all day but why won't you talk about things that someone can do not to get blocked and become a useful member of the linkspun community. Wouldnt you like more people that you can trade with that you know are doing the right thing?
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

I agree. It's very common that users request a lot of stupid trades and some of them do it notoriously and continually. I t would be much more easy is the newbie members can find a "How to request a trade" topic and get some basic instructions.