How many requests should I be making

Hard links and their relation to SEO, methods and techniques, and resources welcome in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

major48

How many requests should I be making

Post by major48 »

If I have a new blog. How many trades should I be requesting in a day? This is assuming that I have other sites to give links back on.
vrocks

Re: How many requests should I be making

Post by vrocks »

I don't look at it that way... I usually look at it on how many do I want in 3 months time...
So I might not do 5 a day or 10 a day or 1 a day...

I would do 5 to 8 on the first day... then a few more a few days later and keep them piling on over time.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
major48

Post by major48 »

vrocks wrote:I don't look at it that way... I usually look at it on how many do I want in 3 months time...
So I might not do 5 a day or 10 a day or 1 a day...

I would do 5 to 8 on the first day... then a few more a few days later and keep them piling on over time.
Ok thanks..and one more question if my site is PR0, does it do me any good to request links from pr0 sites?
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

I usually keep my sites hidden until the next Google PR update because those can be PR1 or 2 easily. You can make better trades this way, IMHO.

Your other question: i don't think it's must to make certain number of requests a day. First of all a lot of users don't check their requests every day and some of them will accept or deny very quickly. I experienced about half of my requests aren't be answered in days. So if I have time I go through a niche to find good trades. I don't request more than 1-3 trades from one partner a day but I request even 20-30 trades from others alltogether.

Anyway, I always got dozens of irrelevant or unfair trade requests from users what only waste the time to check and deny them...
major48

Post by major48 »

Ok guys im following your advice to see if I can get some better results. I also am looking at the trades closer and no longer accepting trades with footer links