Accepting trades and never adding links...

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

tdnetwork

Accepting trades and never adding links...

Post by tdnetwork »

Can anyone explain me why the hell some webmasters accept trades and never add the links on their side?

My suggestion would go to somehow penalize the webmasters that do that...
alphamonk

Re: Accepting trades and never adding links...

Post by alphamonk »

I see that crap all the time too. What really gets me is when you can see they have been logging into LS everyday and just don't place their links. I give people 7 days and no return link means I pull my link and cancel the trade.
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

alphamonk wrote:I see that crap all the time too. What really gets me is when you can see they have been logging into LS everyday and just don't place their links. I give people 7 days and no return link means I pull my link and cancel the trade.
I always send a PM a few days later and like you after a week if not reciprocated I pull the link.
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

I give 4 business days and then pull the link. I then give a week without actually canceling (assuming it's a trade I really want). If after that long it's still not added I cancel.
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I am sure that if I looked into it I would more than likely point out that the trade you requested was crap anyway. I hear a lot of people talk crap about the search results being loaded with shit pages and yet when ever I want to promote a site I find it dozens and dozens of high quality trades with very little work. I get about 15 to 20 requests a day and out of those I accept perhaps 2 to 5 of them. The rest are all crap and I would never want my network associated with their shitty network. I block those users that I deny. If I didn't block users I would get about 25 to 60 requests a day.

Sometimes I look at a user that makes 100 requests a day. Their sites all suck ass. They have no rankings for anything. Every site in their network is Alexa 2,000,000+. And yet they have 4000 active trades. I get a laugh out of that. Had they worked about 1/8th as hard and maintained 500 high quality trades for those sites they would have search results and the traffic that comes with it.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!