Spider doesn't see the link. 2 times for 2 different reasons

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

vrocks

Spider doesn't see the link. 2 times for 2 different reasons

Post by vrocks »

Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: Spider doesn't see the link. 2 times for 2 different reasons

Post by jdoughs »

Replied to both of these (all 3 I guess) with why they are showing not found, and how to fix them.
ImageImage
jaxinvt

Post by jaxinvt »

index.php is my homepage. The link is there and working. It's a wrapper (wrapper.html) for my toplist script and builds the page around the toplist. I don't know how to make it visible to your spider. Script is Aardvark Topsites Php
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

jaxinvt wrote:index.php is my homepage. The link is there and working. It's a wrapper (wrapper.html) for my toplist script and builds the page around the toplist. I don't know how to make it visible to your spider. Script is Aardvark Topsites Php
Yes your homepage is index.php but you accepted to link on .com/ (no index.php).

When the spider tries to spider the trade, it cannot see a link on the .com because the redirect stops it.

The way to fix it is to either trade with the proper link (the index.php) or remove the redirect from .com/ to .com/index.php (they are the same page, not sure why it redirects. Just delete the index.html if there is one and the index.php will show as the root page.

Know what Im saying?
ImageImage
jaxinvt

Post by jaxinvt »

Thanks. I didn't even know I still had an index.html. I usually delete them. Sorry for the oversight. :oops:
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

jaxinvt wrote:Thanks. I didn't even know I still had an index.html. I usually delete them. Sorry for the oversight. :oops:
That was a 3 pointer for sure.

Can't believe I called it :)
ImageImage