Links page?

Hard links and their relation to SEO, methods and techniques, and resources welcome in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

SexShopStoresUK

Links page?

Post by SexShopStoresUK »

Hi, can i just ask if theres a reason why people dont link from a links page, instead they link from there front page? Am i doing something wrong?

My site is a sex toy site - www.sexshopstores.co.uk - any answers appreciated!
mcfester

Re: Links page?

Post by mcfester »

Link pages are generally just that, a list of links with no text content, the more links a page has linking out the less weight each link carries.
A front page will have more page rank, less outbound links, increasing the weight of the link.

You only have one site, with your front page and link page. People tend not to link out from their money site, instead they prefer ABC linking, where a site links to your money site and you link back to one of their sites with a different site of yours, so google doesn't see it as a direct link exchange.

I'd suggest you make more sites to offer as link backs, you can use free blogs like thumblogger and many others that use subdomains but people prefer unique domains as they want different domains linking to them.

Buy a few domains of different niches, they don't have to be the same niche as your money site as you might request a link from my sex shop site, in return I'd request from you a link from your ass fucking site to my ass fucking site. Knock up some wordpress blogs on these domains and schedule about 12 months of updates, get a few links to these blogs also so they gain page rank, submit them to blog directories or just use linkspun.

So if you have 5 blogs of popular niche, you give about 50 links out from each blog, in return you get 250 links to your money site, and your money site stays clean with no out going links.

Hope that helps.
SexShopStoresUK

mcfester wrote:Link pages are generally just that, a list of links with no text content, the more links a page has linking out the less weight each link carries.
A front page will have more page rank, less outbound links, increasing the weight of the link.

You only have one site, with your front page and link page. People tend not to link out from their money site, instead they prefer ABC linking, where a site links to your money site and you link back to one of their sites with a different site of yours, so google doesn't see it as a direct link exchange.

I'd suggest you make more sites to offer as link backs, you can use free blogs like thumblogger and many others that use subdomains but people prefer unique domains as they want different domains linking to them.

Buy a few domains of different niches, they don't have to be the same niche as your money site as you might request a link from my sex shop site, in return I'd request from you a link from your ass fucking site to my ass fucking site. Knock up some wordpress blogs on these domains and schedule about 12 months of updates, get a few links to these blogs also so they gain page rank, submit them to blog directories or just use linkspun.

So if you have 5 blogs of popular niche, you give about 50 links out from each blog, in return you get 250 links to your money site, and your money site stays clean with no out going links.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply, now i understand it alot more !
SexShopStoresUK

If I made a blog on a sub domain of my website. Would it count as low outbound links if linked to people from the sub domain and they linked to my top domain??
mcfester

Post by mcfester »

Its a start I suppose, you will get link requests accepted but not as many as you would with domains.
You could make a few subdomains, some thumblogger blogs, blogspot and others so at least your offering different domains and IP's.
But again, your own domains is the way to go, theres a feature just been introduced here so users can block all these free blogs from search results.
Just get some $1 domains from godaddy.
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

mcfester is right. You should buy some domains and build websites with different niches. I don't suggest freehost subdomains, most of the users don't like them and you'll lost a lot of trades. The most simple way is to buy some domain, at least two hosting places in order you have two IPs for your sites and use a free CMS system, for example Wordpress. It will take about a year to get PR1 or 2 for these sites but it necessary if you are serious.