Correct me if I'm wrong about Blogroll or Links Lists Titles

Hard links and their relation to SEO, methods and techniques, and resources welcome in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

blogstargirl

Correct me if I'm wrong about Blogroll or Links Lists Titles

Post by blogstargirl »

My SEO guy has always told me don't title my Blogrolls "Links" or "Link Trades" yet I see ppl doing this w/ their sites even here on Linkspun. Isn't this a Google no-no?
vrocks

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong about Blogroll or Links Lists Ti

Post by vrocks »

More of a good practice than something written in stone. By that I mean that it isn't like Matt Cutts (correct me if I am wrong) put on his video blog that Google looks at your headings on your blogroll and gives negative impact to sites and their links when the mislabel it links or link list. However, just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. :)

I usually label mine with something like: Summer's Friends or More Solo Models or something to that effect.

I doubt Google has this in its algo, but why not just do it right in case they add it later?
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
mcfester

Post by mcfester »

I used to have
<!-- start LINKSPUN links -->
<!-- end LINKSPUN links --> in my html but I've started removing that from my sites, gonna rename all my link widgets titles also now.
I read someplace google was finding link exchange sites like linkspun, joining them and penalising the sites that are members, scary stuff.
Since panda/penguin better to be paranoid I think.
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

I was under the impression it was an SEO thing. Module titles are like h2 or h3 and google reads them as such so they should be relevant to your other content somehow.
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing