Hello everyone! New American

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

bdsmworld

Hello everyone! New American

Post by bdsmworld »

hey all i just joined up. looking for some help in getting visitors to my site since i have like maybe one visit daily, if that. I am in a dying market (bdsm) but am looking to expand into the normal niches like lesbian and the such. any tips for me webmasters? I don't have much content on my main site at the moment, working on getting a tube site up and cam site from awe. Nothing seems to be going my way anymore. :(
Hincapie

Re: Hello everyone! New American

Post by Hincapie »

Nice to meet you fellow kinkster :D
I got a humongous stack of bdsm and such to trade - check the link in my profile
blogstargirl

Post by blogstargirl »

Why do you say BDSM is dying? Due to low traffic? I think it's harder to get traffic for any niche now thru Google due to the algorithm tweak that favors major tubes and social sites like Tumblr. Have you tried other means of generating traffic to your sites?
lauralace

Post by lauralace »

My BDSM sites get plenty of traffic. Would get even more if someone besides KD would do updates frequently :)
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing
bdsmworld

Post by bdsmworld »

blogstargirl wrote:Why do you say BDSM is dying? Due to low traffic? I think it's harder to get traffic for any niche now thru Google due to the algorithm tweak that favors major tubes and social sites like Tumblr. Have you tried other means of generating traffic to your sites?
If i knew of other means i would deff use them. its tough for me because i only have 99 cents in my name and am unemployed at the moment. which is why i picked the site back up. I started it in 2011. early 2011. over two years ive received little traffic. My counters may say 1000 some odd hits but they arent unique. Do you perhaps have other means of generating traffic?
bdsmworld

Post by bdsmworld »

Hincapie wrote:Nice to meet you fellow kinkster :D
I got a humongous stack of bdsm and such to trade - check the link in my profile
Your not joking around. But im new to this site so i dont know my way completely around. should i just go and click request trade to whichever site i would like to? or how does the system work?
blogstargirl

Post by blogstargirl »

bdsmworld wrote:
blogstargirl wrote:Why do you say BDSM is dying? Due to low traffic? I think it's harder to get traffic for any niche now thru Google due to the algorithm tweak that favors major tubes and social sites like Tumblr. Have you tried other means of generating traffic to your sites?
If i knew of other means i would deff use them. its tough for me because i only have 99 cents in my name and am unemployed at the moment. which is why i picked the site back up. I started it in 2011. early 2011. over two years ive received little traffic. My counters may say 1000 some odd hits but they arent unique. Do you perhaps have other means of generating traffic?
Social media like Tumblr, Twitter (be sure to PM all new followers that you accept only adult followers and don't post explicit pics or use an explicit background), Pinterest (keep it artistic), free membership sites like Fetlife, CollarMe.
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

That there is really good advice!
The pervs are still there - so is the traffic ... but relying on google alone for it seems a dead end right now.

But yeah, just request what you fancy, cant promise you ill agree - but no trade request offends so fire at will ...
blogstargirl wrote:Social media like Tumblr, Twitter (be sure to PM all new followers that you accept only adult followers and don't post explicit pics or use an explicit background), Pinterest (keep it artistic), free membership sites like Fetlife, CollarMe.
bdsmworld

Post by bdsmworld »

Now on twitter and the other sites should i create a profile for my website and keep it separate from my personal account? I am asking because i already have a twitter and fetlife account.

And Hincapie, i will request a few but promise i wont be offended if you deny my requests.
blogstargirl

Post by blogstargirl »

bdsmworld wrote:Now on twitter and the other sites should i create a profile for my website and keep it separate from my personal account? I am asking because i already have a twitter and fetlife account.

And Hincapie, i will request a few but promise i wont be offended if you deny my requests.
my twitter recommendation: separate but follow your site accounts from your personal twitter so you can retweet in a natural way (not spammy)
bdsmworld

Post by bdsmworld »

blogstargirl wrote:
bdsmworld wrote:Now on twitter and the other sites should i create a profile for my website and keep it separate from my personal account? I am asking because i already have a twitter and fetlife account.

my twitter recommendation: separate but follow your site accounts from your personal twitter so you can retweet in a natural way (not spammy)
Thanks blogstargirl. Will do.

On a side not, i can register a domain name now, so no more subdomain for me. I think i will go with the .us domain... though the .net domain is also available. what do you guys think? i could register both, but i dont have too much money on my card. However, I will be out of luck with a paid host.

Not really sure i would like moving to a different host anyway, I am pretty use to the host i have.

Post by lauralace »

go with .net it comes up in searches way more than .us will
Make Money in mainstream! I have been doing so since 1994 and can teach you about the huge differences between mainstream and adult. Mainstream marketing