Eek.. Google dance?

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

istanboys

Eek.. Google dance?

Post by istanboys »

I haven't been able to work much this year because of recovering from surgeries and when I just tried updating my sites pr in linkspun I saw them going to 0. If I do a google pagerank check I get n/a. However, if I do a google search site:www.mysite.com I do get search results. I talked to my host and they told me that google is probable re-indexing (google dance). They also told me that google dropped pagerank some time ago and I'm not sure what that means for us? I mean, if pagerank isn't used anymore then is it still useful to set up link trades? Besides just checking traffic stats how do we check how our sites are doing? And do we only trade links now with other sites based on their content?

I've been away a little too long and am a little confused now.. I hope someone can update me a bit?

Thanks
vrocks

Re: Eek.. Google dance?

Post by vrocks »

Google PR is updating. For adult sites the thumblogger network used to prop them all up PR wise. Most sites in adult lost 1 point of PR because that network went down and the reverberations are being felt many links out.

So your PR1 is no a PR0... Which could mean it is a PR .99991 , but PR doesn't account for decimals... sorry.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!