Poor Quality Links

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

richrich

Poor Quality Links

Post by richrich »

I was going to say suggest something really needs adding to help sift the crap links from the good. I use Majestic to look at a site and check the quality. Site after site I look at on here are just cloned, duplicated junk. I just looked at a PR5 that is genuine PR and looked at it with Majestic and see it is 6 months old and has 5 incoming links to it so basically, the owner has paid for a couple of high PR links in and from that has achieved a high PR and in reality, the value of that PR5 is fairly poor. Even string of the PR1,2 and 3 sites all come back as weak links with little to them making them pretty worthless. My PR2 and 3 sites are 5-10 years old, have hundreds of relevant incoming links and return in Majestic as strong as opposed to weak. No way a fair exchange. I reckon for every 100 links I look at, only about 5 are good enough quality to make them worth a trade. The biggest issue is this manual looking up and checking takes forever.

I see you are considering a Moz score, I really hope you go ahead with that as users really need something that lets you actually see how decent a page is at a glance.

It would also be really hand for sites to be classified by country and language they are in. I can spend hours looking for links and having to go through hundreds that are in foreign languages (mainky Germany for some reason) and little use to me. I dont want to link my english written site to something in German language so it is really frustrating to have hundreds if not thousands of them in the search results forcing yoiu through them all. I dont mind linking to a site hosted in another country e.g Germany but only if it is written in English.
3xpreview

Re: Poor Quality Links

Post by 3xpreview »

I agree. I's frustrating to search for good quality sites to trade with and you find thousands of shitty sites with almost no content, which aren't updated and looks clearly all of them were created only for link trades. The problem is, who wants to make trades with them?
mcfester

Post by mcfester »

For now you can block users with foreign sites, you'll find most of them in the webcams section, but its been mentioned before about filtering countries so maybe it will be added soon, along with the moz rank...
For manually checking sites, you can request 150 trades without checking in about 20 minutes, do this everyday and then the 10 or 20 accepts you get manually check them and maybe you'll get 2 or 3 decent trades.
As far as sites made purely for linking, as long as they don't have hundreds of OBL's and have a reasonable amount of incoming links they are ok.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I would like to code support for Moz and filters among other suggestions. Time is money.

Donations help. You can trade your larger donations for advertising. Even smaller amounts help. It takes about 10 to 15 hours a month for me to make corrections to bugs, add blocks for bots looking to spam here, respond to reports, look for adjacent accounts to those being banned for whatever reason, stop trades, work with advertisers, tweak their ads when they request, etc, etc...

For the most part the amount we get per month in ads barely would cover that time at $10 an hour. I make $100 an hour as a programmer. So while I want to code "cool" things into Linkspun I also have to feed my family and put my time where the money is.

Good luck in all of your endeavors and thanks for using Linkspun.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
mcfester

Post by mcfester »

You're doing a great job as it is vrocks.
I just sent a donation, I wish I could send more but my sites are'nt doing so well these days.
Thanks for the great service.
3xpreview

Post by 3xpreview »

I've just sent 25 bucks.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

3xpreview wrote:I've just sent 25 bucks.
I just blew you over the internet. ;)
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!