sites/username do not show up in trade search

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

ania10

sites/username do not show up in trade search

Post by ania10 »

Somebody was trying to find me on linkspun and they could not. They searched by username. I went to the trade search and searched by my username and several domains nothing shows up. If I go to the niches I can find my trades highlighted, but only the username of the person requested the trade shows up. Also only their URL shows up. If you click on the "+" sign next to it you can see my URL and username. What is the reason for that? How do people find me? I get requests on daily basis. How can I show my sites to users interested in trade?
ania10

Re: sites/username do not show up in trade search

Post by ania10 »

I just found that the person that was trying to find me was blocked by me a couple of days ago. I guess that explains why they can not find me? But why I can not find my own sites, when I search by domain or my user name?
dennyn

Post by dennyn »

You don't see your own sites in search results. Why should you do? Others can see them...
ania10

Post by ania10 »

Yes, I figured it out. Basically what happened is that somebody that I have previously blocked have contacted me outside of linkspun for trading. I asked them to join linkspun as this is the only place I trade links on. Then they asked me for my username as they could not find my sites on linkspun. They also provided their username and this is how I found that they were blocked earlier by me. Meanwhile I was trying to find my sites in the search with no success, wondering how people even find me, as I get requests on daily basis...I guess I have to stop working on the weekends :lol: