insert TBN trades

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

diablom

insert TBN trades

Post by diablom »

It would be great if we can insert existing thunderball trades somehow to make sure we will not make duplicate link trades.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Re: insert TBN trades

Post by jdoughs »

diablom wrote:It would be great if we can insert existing thunderball trades somehow to make sure we will not make duplicate link trades.

Without saying to much about what is coming, I can tell you that we have a few 'import' options that will come with the 1st major update in 4-6 weeks.

We need to make sure this system is functioning fine, and holding its own before we get onto tracking extra links, but I assure you, they are coming as I myself do not plan on tracking my own trades on 4 different scripts NO MORE :)
ImageImage
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

so if i understood correctly we will be able to import online trades form thunder ball ?
diablom

Post by diablom »

and when can we expect this TBN import to be done?
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

diablom wrote:and when can we expect this TBN import to be done?
My initial plan was to have one ready for our first major updates, which was scheduled for 4-6 weeks after release.

This is about 2 weeks away now, but I think its very important to have all our stuff in order before bringing in thousands of other trades, so hopefully by then (2-3 weeks) I'll be confident enough that we are solid and I'll be adding these.

I have 4 digits worth of trades over there so I'd also love to have this function. But we have lots to consider about just exactly how this will work, and also need a way to check with existing users/pages and 'bump' over the imported ones that are between members here.

Anyrate, this is something I want done for my own use, so it is coming, but I don't want it to junk up the system either, so making sure we are a solid foundation first, then toss in these extra bonuses.
ImageImage
Relentless

Post by Relentless »

MUCH more important that you do it correctly than that you do it quickly....
Adding both sides of trades will be a huge additional feature but please test it before making it live :mrgreen:
diablom

Post by diablom »

Relentless wrote:MUCH more important that you do it correctly than that you do it quickly....
Adding both sides of trades will be a huge additional feature but please test it before making it live :mrgreen:
fully agree
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

any news on this ? because it would be great that there would be no duplicated trades or trades same trades just with different anchors.
jdoughs
Site Admin

Post by jdoughs »

My main issue is that we all know how co-operative Mr Bond is, the chances of us coming up with a permanent import that doesn't stop working (cause he blocked us, or rewrote his code etc) is something I'm worried about.

Bringing in his mess of data, and marrying it to our db is also something that worries me. I want to track my own trades from thunder-ball as well, but I have this gut feeling that I will spend a large chunk of cash getting this done, and have the site or method blocked as soon as he notices.

It's extremely complicated, we do not allow duplicate url's here so when I import your trades, how do we tag other users domains, do we give them to matched usernames, do people have the same usernames here as t-ball?

There is so much to figure out, and do, the real only 'simple' way for me to do it is to buy him out, but he won't respond to my messages, I tried to buy t-ball before building this site. (thankfully, he didn't answer me then either).

I know it's been months since I said I wanted to do it and would have it coming, and I still want to do it, but I'm unsure of a safe way to do so.
ImageImage
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Interesting yes...

Users could just select all and paste their active trades page into a box here and let the scripts do the work...

URLs would be stripped to their domains including subdomains since thumblogger will be fucking that shit up... Then checked to see if they match one in the system, if so the trade can be attributed to that person. If not, it is added as unclaimed into the system. Later when someone adds the URL to their account they will be informed that the URL is included in x number of trades and perhaps list out the trades it is in or just links to the ID's like the alert system does...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

agree with vrocks that we can copy and paste active trades page to Linkspun , because i don;t think that any of old TB users uses it at all now when LS is better place.