American Webmasters.....

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

StickyGreen

American Webmasters.....

Post by StickyGreen »

Do you trade with sites that are in a different language?

Does it matter SEO-wise?
Do you have Mobile Traffic? Sell it to JuicyAds and make big $$$!
luxv66

Re: American Webmasters.....

Post by luxv66 »

I don't. From an SEO standpoint, I can't see how that would seen as anything other than spammy or obvious link trading.
Why is an English speaking surfer going to be interested in visiting a German blog that is mostly text? Or the other way around.

I don't know why you think that's an American question though. That goes for anyone really.
Livesexcam

Post by Livesexcam »

Never .... And i also never take any links from sites with mix language links.

You add an nonrelevant key in a different language on your site. What will google think about the value of your site. It looks like a site who is selling links or who never care what he is linking.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

luxv66 wrote:Why is an English speaking surfer going to be interested in visiting a German blog that is mostly text? Or the other way around.
The other way around is normal. I'm Dutch, not doing any Dutch sites though, and there are many Dutch sites, mainstream and adult, that link to resources in English. I agree that many times from English to an other language does not make much sense, but to English is common.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

Livesexcam wrote:You add an nonrelevant key in a different language on your site. What will google think about the value of your site. It looks like a site who is selling links or who never care what he is linking.
I always find it funny how people think to know how Google "thinks"…
webmasterx

Post by webmasterx »

in reality google knows that incoming links to your site are somewhat out of your control so imho will not punish you for having incoming links from foreign sites, outward bound links on your site is a totally diffrent kettle of fish as google knows you are in full control of them.

inbound links from foreign sites = no problem
links out to foreign sites = bad seo

this is just my opinion and may or may not be correct!

case poin: i have a site that returns good serps for its target keywords, guess what it has incoming links from:- germany, vietnam! and poland, all sites that link to mine are in their native lang and are NOT bought or traded links.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

So long as the niche works I haven't seen a problem with Google or Bing.

Example: I have a stockings/pantyhose site. Lots of people in Europe seem to love such sites. It is on a .co.uk domain. It trades links with ANY language so long as they have good quality content. So it trades with German, Spanish (South American), etc, sites. They are all written in their native languages. Google doesn't seem to care because Google can translate a page in less than .00001 seconds. So their indexing algorithms seem to do so and see that my trading partners are all talking about the same thing I am.

I have MANY more links to English speaking sites. It is my belief that Google/Bing realize that fans of anything will often enjoy pictures of that thing.

Take souped up compact race cars... Many of those sites trade links with English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, you name it sites because the surfer will check out the pics or run the translation extension inside Chrome to read about an event going on in another country.

I think the most important thing is whether or not the link is relative to your site. Are you just trading a link or are you actually telling your surfer about something they might be interested in. Google has stated many times that this is what they strive to write their algorithms to figure out.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

Its all about if you're linked on quality websites, I've never found a problem with the a few non-English links on the site (less than 3% however) and I have some very high ranked niche blogs that are linked to Brazilian, French, Italian or Spanish websites.
suki8888

Post by suki8888 »

no coz they might just be a junk for me..i dont really trust it
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

suki8888 wrote:no coz they might just be a junk for me..i dont really trust it
Yeah, foreigners cant be trusted… :roll:
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

I do link to sites in foreign languages, they just have to be good quality and in context. I don't see any problem doing that...
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

Personally, I love trading links with the Russians - those kooky webmasters are really fucking organized & they truly fucking LOVE me <3
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

:lol: :lol: are you sure thats pure love ? :D
greenguy wrote:Personally, I love trading links with the Russians - those kooky webmasters are really fucking organized & they truly fucking LOVE me <3
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

I'm no ding-a-ling! I looked it up & found out what combination of letters & special characters make up the Russian for love :mrgreen: