how to force users to add Not Found links !

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

123anddone

how to force users to add Not Found links !

Post by 123anddone »

hi,

i see that lot's of users here make trade active and remove links instantly after that, so i just go an idea how to stop this.

as we all have to setup links if 20 of them is in setup trades same can be in errors, if you have 20+ of links that it's gone by your fault you have to fix them if not you get same page like in setup trades page.

what you think, i get 20-40 link errors every few days. And hope that this restriction would kill those users that came to get free links here.
webdanger

Re: how to force users to add Not Found links !

Post by webdanger »

I would put a limit of 5 trades at max, then they won't be able to use the account until the put the link up.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Sounds kinky... I rarely run into somebody not keeping their links up. But then I guess that is because they spread their problem of not doing it over 100 users with 1 or 2 links each.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

as for 100 users 1-2 links each no, but for those that have more would.
diablom

Post by diablom »

fully agree on this, because I hate watching guys removing the links.

Just there is one more question. What to do if a guy expires a domain with 20+ trades on it. His account then will be locked until partners remove his trades. But as those who are serious in trading do not let their domains expire, this is not big deal then.
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

diablom wrote:fully agree on this, because I hate watching guys removing the links.

Just there is one more question. What to do if a guy expires a domain with 20+ trades on it. His account then will be locked until partners remove his trades. But as those who are serious in trading do not let their domains expire, this is not big deal then.
this also is bad thing when you have to wait for others, but i think that as for this case id domain expired linkspun can have some kind of filter or separate checker that checks errors and provides reason instead of just Not Found, something like Domain Expired, or Over Limits (bandwidth limit exceeded) or Parked, or others.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Hmm... Right now we have this in place for before the links go from 3 (pending) to 4 (active)...

You are having people that are adding the link, then immediately removing it? So this check also needs to be on links in active status?
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

vrocks wrote:Hmm... Right now we have this in place for before the links go from 3 (pending) to 4 (active)...

You are having people that are adding the link, then immediately removing it? So this check also needs to be on links in active status?
yes i have some users that does like that. And for checker in errors it would be wry good, because i do recheck them every day, because some of them just are not found because unknown reasons but when i recheck 5-10% goes to active .
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Biggest problem with this is time...

As it is... I have a hard time keeping up with the trade amnesty...

I currently have like 10 or 12 trades in this status... So do I ban myself from trading? I have certain partners that let domains go so I stop linking into their error pages, etc... This sometimes creates as many as 20 trades at a time where they still link into me... But I am not linking into them because their shit is errors...

So now I would be banned... I think you should just out the people you suspect of doing such things. I have to great success thus far... Otherwise these people would have to apply for trade amnesty on such trades and then I'd have to check them and stop the trades. Making them wait for my schedule. Since I am not getting paid for anything I am not really big on devoting more time to such a task.

Before you offer your time... I have a feeling that if I did such a thing about 300 accounts would be blocked. Of them about 150 would be legit webmasters demanding to be turned back on. So you would have to quickly OK 3000 trade amnesties and stop all of the trades. Currently there is no automated way of doing so. You would have to devote about 4 or 5 days around the clock to the task and then continue to be available 1 or 2 hours 3 times a day, 7 days a week to keep it up.

So we will have to find another solution...
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

i think you have not understood me, the point of this block is that if you have not added link in trade it counts if other part has not it's nothing to do with you.

example
we have trade.
my - domain1.com links to domains2.com - trade status not found
you - domain3.com links to domain4.com - trade status links found

so in this trade i have to add link if i have more them 30 trades in error like this i have to add links to get account unlocked. or if i have less i'm not locked.

you can have hundreds of this kind of trades that other have to add link and you are not blocked.

yes i can understand that coding takes most of time, but if we have this block in setup trades and there is no matter if other part have added link or not you have to add it even he requested for it and will not add it for few weeks being active every day, and you will remove his link.

the point of this block is to get rid if 200+/300+ trade errors, when 65% of error owners are active users with running establishes sites.

i have decreased error number to 85 week ago now i have 180+ errors so week is hundred.

of it happens that there are too many trades in trade amnesty, you can make stop trade visible is that user is not found(you don't have permission to view this page) as those users as blocked because of not active or banned. so we can stop trade and it goes to amnesty status.

shoot me your thoughts
Leks911

Post by Leks911 »

I also come across such cases. perhaps you need to do blacklisted webmasters are removing links in a few days after placement. and this list should be visible to any webmaster in the system. or make the "suspected cheating" in the menu profile of each user. For example if the web master removed the link and you are not informed about it and does not respond to your message, you press this button and in this case, the "black" webmaster receives an automatic letter, in which he is told that if he did not place the link, their account will be blocked. and the need for sites to block this user, otherwise it will make a new account and then add their sites to the system and everything will be repeated. My thoughts are structured a bit, but hopefully something will be useful
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

I think something on their profile or trade page that just says "this person has been blocked more than x times" where x is a number that puts them among the most blocked users, would be better. I have some trades in error status because I've let some domains expire and the trade partners never log in, also some are in error status because I've dropped links to expired or broken domains but LS only sees that I dropped the link and not the reason why.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I understand what you want... But the system has no way of knowing if somebody legitimately has trades that went down or if they are trying to scam someone...

Hmm... Sending you a PM about it..