"edit trade" option?

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

wind4me

"edit trade" option?

Post by wind4me »

I got contacted by someone who sold his site and asked me to remove the trade as he was not linking to my site anymore.
What if there would be edit trade option, in this case he would contact me and say "hey I sold my site and as you see that site does not link to you anymore, but you can choose any other site from my portfolio where I will place your link instead of that vanished link"
Makes sense or not much? :)
vrocks

Re: "edit trade" option?

Post by vrocks »

Good idea... Will see about implementing it eventually. Perhaps the ability to click a button where the stop trade button normally is and it sends them a request to modify the trade. Then if they OK the request it can be modified... and if not, it gets stopped.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
wind4me

Post by wind4me »

Modification would be great. Another use of it could be in situations like this.
I request trade, partner accepts and asks me to link to his site. I do not want to link to that site (tube or whatever reason) so I ask him - "could you change the url, I would like to link to different site" .
Just now I did some requests and some people wanted me to link back to tubes. And if they agree to choose another site for me to link to we have to set up new trade from scratch. Edit trade button would come very handy here as well.
123anddone

Post by 123anddone »

vrocks wrote:Good idea... Will see about implementing it eventually. Perhaps the ability to click a button where the stop trade button normally is and it sends them a request to modify the trade. Then if they OK the request it can be modified... and if not, it gets stopped.

this one is good !

but also a bad, users will manipulate, and in one trade will try to get many different links from you, and will start changing anchors and so on after each fart of Google.
webdanger

Post by webdanger »

Oh how I need this option, it is especially handy when you buy domains with active trades on linkspun, so easy to change anchor and website instead of dropping.

I would give this option to users who have 2-300+ trades on linkspun, to avoid begginers who like and1 said will change shit on each google fart.

I hope you will implement it very soon.

Unrelated suggestion:
If i am reading a topic and i want to reply with a post and i am not logged in it sends me to the forum homepage where instead it should send me to the actual topic and onto the post answer page. Very, very annoying.
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

webdanger wrote:Oh how I need this option, it is especially handy when you buy domains with active trades on linkspun, so easy to change anchor and website instead of dropping.
Agree. It would be very useful.
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
Livesexcam

Post by Livesexcam »

I belive that the same webmasters who say now wow great will cry later of to much changes