Outgoing Links

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

RaneRevere

Outgoing Links

Post by RaneRevere »

Question about outgoing links, my account says that my pages have a certain number of outgoing links but I have no idea where the hell they came from. How do I find out who I am linking to and how to delete these links because they are not on my page?
Does it count links that I have put into the site a while ago but have since deleted them?
I just don't want to fuck myself with linking to not so good sites and get into trouble.
Any help needed.
Thanks
Rane
wind4me

Re: Outgoing Links

Post by wind4me »

If you don't have many outgoing links and that number is too high it might be that your sites was hacked and links were added without you knowing. Especially if its common CMS as wordpress. Just open your site and view source code, search for http and you will find outgoing links.

PS: if link is marked no follow does linkspun still counts it as outgoing link?
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

You didn't say which site, but I went in and found one that had over 100 and manually told it to look again and it is now at 12... So that might have been the right one.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
blogstargirl

Post by blogstargirl »

I also found that a Wordpress Social Media plugin was impacting OBL count on some of my sites so I removed it... OBL count dropped.