Hello....new to this....please can anyone advise us?!

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

MrsScarlett

Hello....new to this....please can anyone advise us?!

Post by MrsScarlett »

Hi, we've just set up a personal website for my wife, Mrs Scarlett. She is an incredible, blonde, mature lady. Please can anyone tell us how we link our site to other similar ones and how we get people to know about our site?
(I can't even find how to accept a trade on here!.........)
Any advice will be very gratefully received.
Thank you!
poundgroup

Re: Hello....new to this....please can anyone advise us?!

Post by poundgroup »

I saw your website listed in the "new websites" area and sent a request.

What you'll basically want to be doing is using the "find trades" function at the top of the page, selecting a decent website to get a link from (there's a lot of different factors that will influence what a good/bad link is, too much to explain here), enter the anchor text (this is what Google sees and considers as what your site is about) and send the request away. Be sure to check that you're not asking for a link from people who haven't been online for a few months, Linkspun does automatically remove websites from view if they aren't shown, however.

Then you'll want to wait for a return link request. This is where the other person asks for a reciprocal. Having only one website is very limiting, but not completely impossible to build off of. You have to be intelligent with who you trade with (avoid spammy sites that aren't related to your niche, for instance) and select wisely.

Linkspun is a great resource for people looking to build profiles for their websites; just be intelligent and use Google to understand what separates good links from bad links.

If you're stuck on anything (even if it is just as basic as not getting how to work the site for links itself), let me know and I'll talk you through with some screenshots.
angelatp

Re: Hello....new to this....please can anyone advise us?!

Post by angelatp »

That was a really nice reply Poundgroup. I am also new and was trying to work out what to do thanks for the explanation