New update to the TOS (#12)

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

vrocks

New update to the TOS (#12)

Post by vrocks »

I don't know how we managed to last this long without some asshole being an asshole, but we did. It seems somebody finally decided to get cute and create a new account for every domain they owned so they could spam 150 requests a day for every domain they owned.

So we now have a #12 in the TOS addressing the creation of more than one account to circumvent the restrictions placed on you by your user access level or an admin as a punishment. we realize that many of you are managers for client accounts so this wouldn't pertain to you.

This guy in question literally opened one account for every single domain he added to the system and then proceeded to spam requests for 150 times per day on each. How he found that kind of time I don't know.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
blogstargirl

Re: New update to the TOS (#12)

Post by blogstargirl »

All the sites were new, at least the ones I saw in link requests. I wondered if these were the user's sites or if the user was being paid to source links and this was why it was being done with such a feverish frenzy...