MR DA and PA not updated after a month

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

GrodanBoll

MR DA and PA not updated after a month

Post by GrodanBoll »

Is it normal that MR, DA and PA more than a month after being added still haven't been updated?
redwhiteandblue

Re: MR DA and PA not updated after a month

Post by redwhiteandblue »

I have pages added months ago that still show 0. I never rely on them, always check metrics manually.
GrodanBoll

Post by GrodanBoll »

Are you using some free tool for checking domains? I feel that $100 per month for moz pro is a bit too much for me...
redwhiteandblue

Post by redwhiteandblue »

I use Majestic, it's £30/month
Lastmanstanding

Post by Lastmanstanding »

Yes Majestic is best for it
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

MOZ recently switched from allowing 25000 free requests per month to allowing only 2500.

That means checking will no longer be possible.

We will look into some sort of payment model. Not sure how many are interested in paying to have this restored.

It would be like $5 to $10 per month judging by the amount of active webmasters.

Another free option: You signup for a free MOZ API account and you enter your key into our system and it checks your sites against your own personal 2500 free API hits per month. So if you have 100 pages or even 1000 pages, you'd have them checked once per month for sure.

If you have 25000 pages.. well, you'd have them all checked in 10 months ;)

Or, perhaps those with a low number of pages can "donate" them for others to use...?

Discuss!

PS, to get a free MOZ API account go to: https://moz.com/checkout/api

J
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

Heya

Both methods work ... happy to pay a bit for the services, though the amount of active webmasters seemed to have dropped a lot so my only worry would be chasing more away

If technically possible letting us insert our own Moz API is obviously simple at the webmaster end too, so thatd be a great thing to add
vrocks wrote:MOZ recently switched from allowing 25000 free requests per month to allowing only 2500.

We will look into some sort of payment model. Not sure how many are interested in paying to have this restored.

It would be like $5 to $10 per month judging by the amount of active webmasters.

Another free option: You signup for a free MOZ API account and you enter your key into our system and it checks your sites against your own personal 2500 free API hits per month. So if you have 100 pages or even 1000 pages, you'd have them checked once per month for sure.

Or, perhaps those with a low number of pages can "donate" them for others to use...?

Discuss!

J
LustCore

Post by LustCore »

vrocks wrote:MOZ recently switched from allowing 25000 free requests per month to allowing only 2500.

Discuss!

J
I would suggest to add this to the FAQ