value of links

Looking to push links to a site and want specific niches, site types, numbers, tld's etc, this is a good place to ask or look.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

oilreg

value of links

Post by oilreg »

hey guys what its more value imo, i ll get a lot of requests from blogs where the link is only on the front page not on the the posting page, i think thou the real power of a blog is that the link should show on every sub / post page, which results in several backlinks, i mean isnt that the beauty of blogs at all, i kinda feel unfair treated when i ll get one front page link back and i ll give them 200+ backlinks + the front one
My Favorite Softcore Sponsor is http://www.babeway.com/, Under saturated content, decent promo tools
redwhiteandblue

Re: value of links

Post by redwhiteandblue »

I don't think site wide links carry any extra weight over just the one on the home page.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I beg to differ... But the weight of side wide has definitely diminished.

Back in 2008 I could put a link on 10 blogs side wide and the next thing you know I owned Google... They have changed the algo a lot since then.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

vrocks wrote:I beg to differ... But the weight of side wide has definitely diminished.

Back in 2008 I could put a link on 10 blogs side wide and the next thing you know I owned Google... They have changed the algo a lot since then.
Or… you have a lot more competition since many links are distributed like that.
oilreg

Post by oilreg »

sure google changes algo all the time, but webmastertool counts the every link on blog with lots of posts, so for me it s like that when i have a old blog with 300+ posts in it, and someone requests a link from a blog where the link shows only on front page, lets assume PR is same, then i give way more value cause google webmastertools count from my site 300+ links and from the other one just 1
My Favorite Softcore Sponsor is http://www.babeway.com/, Under saturated content, decent promo tools