New Category - Hidden

Just what it sounds like, post any suggestions you have for LinkSpun inside here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

greenguy

New Category - Hidden

Post by greenguy »

The only reason that I have not added any users to my favorites is that I don't want a lot of requests to the few hidden pages that I have.

So I was thinking that if you added a category called "Hidden" this would alert users that I favorite that those pages are hidden & not available for outgoing trades.

Maybe even make it in red so that it stands out?

Just a thought :)
fetishbank

Re: New Category - Hidden

Post by fetishbank »

Good idea. I also have two pages that are not available for trades as they are the enter pages of the site (where I naturally concentrate the unsorted incoming traffic) and have no outgoing links at all - making that unavaiilable for trades would be useful.
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I am going to look into a solution where you can hide pages completely.

Probably just going to stop having favorited users be able to see them.

I know John wanted them seen for some reason, but I can't think of why it is a good idea. He wanted your best friends to be able to trade links on the better pages... but I think when things go subscription we can add another layer of pages called premium...

And if you want to only show those to other paying members, friends, etc, then you could... But for now I think I will just disable favorites being able to see hidden pages.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
aj_spun

Post by aj_spun »

vrocks wrote:I think I will just disable favorites being able to see hidden pages.
Was it disabled? Seems like favs still can see hidden sites - which is good in a way but unfortunately people on my fav-list keep requesting links from sites I can't set any outgoing links on. Therefore I'd really appreciate the possibility to mark urls unavailable for link-requests. Is that possible?
The more you know, the deeper you get.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

vrocks wrote:I know John wanted them seen for some reason, but I can't think of why it is a good idea. He wanted your best friends to be able to trade links on the better pages... but I think when things go subscription we can add another layer of pages called premium...
I know for sure that John felt very strong about this. The hidden feature was never implemented to hide pages but to have control over what you offer to your friends. I think if the term "hidden" was not used it would have been more clear.

On the other hand, a real "hidden" category would be nice. I have a few sites which I try to promote which does not even have any links section on them. A few times I had to deny requests afterward because I forgot myself and when trying to add the link I found out I could not (duh… ;) )
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

Category - Unavailable For Links

Good?

I think I should rename Favorites... Hidden does its job... Favorites is too synonymous with giving someone a plus for being a good guy. When I got here I added people to my favorites that were good traders so others would know they rocked... But finding someone's favorites is actually not easy and it isn't like there is a top-down list of who is the most favorited.
aj_spun

Post by aj_spun »

vrocks wrote:Category - Unavailable For Links
Good?
Good - when links couldn't be requested from any site in that category :)
The more you know, the deeper you get.
Hincapie

Post by Hincapie »

vrocks wrote:Category - Unavailable For Links

Good?
Perfect!
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I will look into creating something kinky so the system skips links in this category...