Getting sent back to search screen with no confirmation

Minor and major release and bug fixes requests will be discussed in here. If something just don't work right, or feel right, fire away. We are listening.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

sexsite69

Getting sent back to search screen with no confirmation

Post by sexsite69 »

Hey guys,

First of all MAJOR thanks to vrocks for keeping this site going. I noticed a huge improvement in speed in the last few weeks and I'm constantly impressed by the site's ease of use.

I do have a few questions so forgive me if I sound like a moron.. When I ask for link trades, sometimes I get a confirmation screen saying the link was sent, waiting for confirmation. Other times when I hit submit I get taken back to the niche listings without any confirmation screen.

1) Is this because I've been blocked by the user from which I'm requesting a link?
2) If it is because I'm blocked, does this request use up one of my 100 daily allowed requests?
3) Is it possible to indicate / sort by users who have not blocked me?

I'm not sure what's happening in the first place, so question number one is my main concern. I think this issue was brought up before but I was unable to find the thread. Also, can someone give an example of what one would see if they were indeed blocked?

Thank you!
greenguy

Re: Linkspun Trade Questions

Post by greenguy »

I think that's just how it is - I've had the same experiences & it has nothing to do with blocking - I think it's more of returning you to your search if that's where you came from & just going to the confirmation page if you got there via another method.

Not sure about #3
vrocks

Re: Linkspun Trade Questions

Post by vrocks »

You cannot see users that have blocked you. In other words... You both no longer exist to one another. So that definitely isn't it.

I am going through the logic to see why this is happening and testing some things and in my tests I always get sent correctly... But when actually going through LS's system I get sent back to the searches... And I am not seeing anything to support that happening... so at this point it is a gremlin...
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
vrocks

Re: Getting sent back to search screen with no confirmation

Post by vrocks »

This is actually considered a feature :P

I could do something like a popup box saying your trade was saved, sending you back to the search results if you'd like.
sexsite69

Post by sexsite69 »

Thanks for getting back to me!

It looks like the trades are getting through. I think the issue is with me opening up multiple tabs to submit my requests. The links are still going through. Thanks for looking into it.

I don't really see a need for a programming addition unless other people start experiencing this gremlin and the questions become too much.

P.S. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure it was a bug.

Thanks again,
SS69
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

It happens to everyone that did a search. If you go to Find Trades and just click a niche and start browsing this doesn't happen to you. But if you do a search your search is forwarded to the trade request page and it sends you back to the search as a courtesy.