Should illegal tube traders be banned???

Run of the mill webmastery, if you've got questions, concerns, a vent that needs to be let off, feel free to post about it in here.

Moderators: vrocks, drocd, jdoughs

Should illegal tube traders be banned???

It should get you banned outright!
35%
Only the domain itself should be banned.
36%
I don't care either way.
4%
I don't think they should be banned.
25%

Total votes: 142

mobilecom

Re: Should illegal tube traders be banned???

Post by mobilecom »

ban all tubes with content real or no real snuff rape and children film
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

vrocks wrote:
snakex wrote:hmmm...someone is getting really mad here...Why?
Because he works with/for/at a company that deals with running illegal tubes. Whether that be maintaining them or just performing their SEO work I dunno...
In no way what so ever, blogs and cam sites is what I'm dealing with at this time and no tubes, either legal or so called illegal. If I may seem a little bothered about this, Its because I am a good friend of Jon, I don't know what the fuck happened to him and to see his project taking the wrong turn is really bothering me, I see where this will take LS and to be honest it isn't looking good at all.

This is a great tool that had simple concepts and rules, now we want to ban people that want to get trades for tubes, thats simply throwing shit at the fan every tube owner will be in here bitching and giving excuses that they are legal.

We are talking about morality right? Illegal tubes are wrong, hey buty so is the .xxx according to the majority of us, so is incest, but on this last one the new admin wants me to provide identification (proof) that the dick stuck in that womans anus is her sons, or that the girl is under aged, for him Momfucksson.com isnt enough, so if thats the case done have morals when it comes to tubes and now when it comes to some filthy fuck that is pushing incest or rape.

When a rule is made it can't be made just for certain tipes of sites, it has to be for them all, this is the think that makes no sense at all. Like said, LS is a great tool made by a good friend, that I hope is alive and OK, but this rule if imposed will only damage.

So admin why don't you come up with a rule that makes sense that includes all illegal activity "Warze, full length videos, rape, incest, young teens......" and then it would make sense, but taking a shot at what you personally don't like makes no sense at all.
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

There are valid arguments on both sides. I'm one of those who believe in the freedom of speech. I voted for a soft ban (#2), but I'm still here looking at the screen wondering if what I'm doing is right or no... freedom is a good thing...

But we also represent a business, the Adult Business. As professionals and entrepreneurs we should put attention in what we do. At least a little bit. If we cannot auto-regulate our world somebody else from outside will regulate the things for us... and probably against us... we don't need to clean the whole internet, I think we just need some common sense...

TO GREENGUY: you lost many visitors on your forum not because of how you run it. They just quit the business. Hopefully there will be more space for us that will be surviving !
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

fetishbank wrote:But we also represent a business, the Adult Business. As professionals and entrepreneurs we should put attention in what we do. At least a little bit. If we cannot auto-regulate our world somebody else from outside will regulate the things for us... and probably against us... we don't need to clean the whole internet, I think we just need some common sense...
But in this case it has not much to do about auto-regulation. First the admin is going to determine, with his magic eye, which website is legal or illegal. Or he just gets a bunch of e-mails which makes him nervous. Then he is going to act on it.

I really hope that Linkspun is moving away from the above… very very very far away. There are too many entities that somehow thinks (arrogantly) that they know best… and not only that, they know best for you and me. So the Linkspun admin is going to determine if you are allowed to link to certain sites or not? If a site is illegal, determined by a court which is the ONLY way a site can be labeled as illegal, then I'm fine with such sites be removed Although it might be that a site is not illegal in all countries.

Self regulation works different IMHO, at least then there is not an admin or moderator involved. It's the community that regulates. Linkspun does not have the tools for that. There are no user/site review or comment option that the system supports. Would be nice though (hint!).
fetishbank

Post by fetishbank »

There's another point. I read many people would ban tubes just because they are tubes. We were making A LOT OF money before the tube era. But that golden time is gone forever, the world evolve and we should move on with it... Tubes exist and we have to deal with them. So do I.

I don't want to be act like the workers during the industrial revolution who were fighting the technology to protect their jobs...

Although I perfectly understand their point of view, I do never believed they were right. And anyway, they lost the war...
Jay de Vos, Webmaster of http://www.fetishbank.net/
greenguy

Post by greenguy »

Let me remind everyone that you're not being forced to use Linkspun - nor are you paying for it. So whatever vrocks thinks should be done to the site that he is currently running will be the rule.

You don't like the rules? Then don't use the site - it's really that simple.

Also, I found a thread on my board from 5 years ago where we went thru something similar:
http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/sho ... hp?t=39297
artichoke86

Post by artichoke86 »

I like vrocks comment, because I don't do anything on my fantasy site but write my own fantasy. I guess that means it's a, "clean" site." I am very proud of the writing I do, and it is vastly different than some of the blogs I post other people's writing to, because those blogs are simply a collection of interesting stories that are relevant to the topic I am writing about, and I always quote the author. If I write something myself, then I credit myself by signing it with my name. So, all right, duh. You guys get that, but here is really why it matters that I create my own shit: I feel very strongly about being independent. It is an ethos and way of life. It is embraced by Occupy supporters and feels better to me. I may not be as successful as some people, but at least (as vrocks explained) I know it's my shit. I am proud of myself for being as original as possible.

Thanks,

Sexisdelicious
Artichoke86 or Sexisdelicious311
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

greenguy wrote:Let me remind everyone that you're not being forced to use Linkspun - nor are you paying for it. So whatever vrocks thinks should be done to the site that he is currently running will be the rule.

Dude, he asked for it. In fact, he invited EVERYBODY in this thread. If he doesn't want our opinion then don't ask for it, just make the rule (and then we probably leave…).

Let me remind you board owners/admins/moderators, it's not your community. You are just part of it.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

greenguy wrote:… snip board promotion ...
Why are you promoting your board on this one? On many other boards that is a bannable offense…
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

CodeR70 wrote:
greenguy wrote:… snip board promotion ...
Why are you promoting your board on this one? On many other boards that is a bannable offense…
Because this isn't a board... It is a support forum for a link trading web site.

Do you really want me to go through and count up all of the admin alerts Jdoughs put out there and show you some statistics about what they were about? And show you some stats on how many I have put out vs how often he used that system? Please...

Do you want me to bump every poll John created before he left? And how often he used them to make his decisions?

Instead of personally attacking me, how about sticking to the facts of why your viewpoint on this matter is viably helpful. Luckily for some of you I see through your personal attacks and I keep a straight head. I know John too. I had many conversations with him. I refer to those conversations when I make decisions. I haven't made a decision yet and I asked the community for their thoughts and feelings on the matter.

I have giving the community well over 200 hours of my time. Donated. Programming donated. So to have some of you come in here and tell me I am a shithead basically and that I am hurting this community is pretty hilarious, but disrespectful. If it wasn't for myself, Drocd and Amerinoc this site would be so slow you wouldn't be here. Not too mention it wouldn't be here. You haven't had to pay a dime to be here or do any work to be here. Start acting like it!

And if you are going to tell me you would have moderated the site or paid something to those who do if you were asked to... Why haven't you? The difference is I didn't need to be asked to do anything. I just did it out of my respect for a friend and my love for the community.
Did I just do something for you? Consider making a donation to LinkSpun!
dbxxx03

Post by dbxxx03 »

Right the f on! well said vrocks.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

vrocks wrote:… lots of BS ...
Typical admin response about how many effort he/she puts in and how UBER they in fact are. Dude, you are an admin, you supposed to do the job you TOOK yourself. You are not entitled to have an opinion in that role but just do what you have to do.

Next time, don't invite people in your house, which was build by many, many others, if you don't like what they have to say.

Anyway, I'm done again. It's GFY and many other boards all over again… :roll:
yaz_john

Post by yaz_john »

Hi, just wanted to chime in here. I don't think you can really determine if a tube is 'illegal' just by browsing it.

Our tubes have bonafide user uploads, sponsor uploads with their ads underneath, and licensed content. We have spent over $500,000 on licensed content for the sites.

What is illegal is spidered content off other tubes, from torrents, newsgroups, etc.

Further, we use mediawise/vobile digital fingerprinting analysis to filter out user uploads that violate copyright.
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

yaz_john wrote:Hi, just wanted to chime in here. I don't think you can really determine if a tube is 'illegal' just by browsing it….
Exactly! Here is a good example. If for some kind of reason his site is labeled as illegal just because an admin thinks so then he has a huge problem. Not only will he or his site be banned here on LS but his site will be tainted within the community. In that case he needs to spend many efforts just to prove that his site is NOT illegal.
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

CodeR70 wrote:
greenguy wrote:Let me remind everyone that you're not being forced to use Linkspun - nor are you paying for it. So whatever vrocks thinks should be done to the site that he is currently running will be the rule.

Dude, he asked for it. In fact, he invited EVERYBODY in this thread. If he doesn't want our opinion then don't ask for it, just make the rule (and then we probably leave…).

Let me remind you board owners/admins/moderators, it's not your community. You are just part of it.
Well said, We all got the invitation, we were are all asked and entitled to give our input, we can express ourselves the way we want to thats how a community works, if you don't like it, fine go away and if you followed these "community" liberties that we are given here on linkspun then maybe your forum wouldn't be a dead stick right now like it has been for years.

Regarding LS as a paysite, someone here invested in this project when many turned their back on Jon, when he had to pay his coder, so for someone here this could be a paysite.
spudman

Post by spudman »

From reading this thread it is simple to see the answer to this discussion. you can already see the reaction to this idea, and it is negative.

The only thing that loses out from this is linkspun, no one personally. Blogs will not suddenly top all the SERPS, the tubes will not fall off the face of the internet, but linkspun will suffer and loose members.

By banning these tubes nothing that benefits this community will come of it, it will simply drive some users away from linkspun, be it 5 users or 50 and that is a valuable loss.
The only thing that makes this community work is having lots of webmasters.
I understand the moral side of vrocks argument but webmasters should be allowed to make their own minds up on trades.

i would leave things the way they are now, the only thing that loses out here is linkspun.
ristac

Post by ristac »

Just want to clear something up here as I am not sure how my original post was interpreted:

You rightly do not permit KP, Beastiality, Rape or Incest because they are all illegal.

This thread is entitled "Should illegal tube traders be banned???"

I am pointing out that illegal is illegal no matter the degree, we all have opinions of what constitutes one being more illegal than the other, which is worse and so on but the bottom line really is in the opening sentence ILLEGAL.
ristac

Post by ristac »

spudman wrote:From reading this thread it is simple to see the answer to this discussion. you can already see the reaction to this idea, and it is negative.

The only thing that loses out from this is linkspun, no one personally. Blogs will not suddenly top all the SERPS, the tubes will not fall off the face of the internet, but linkspun will suffer and loose members.

By banning these tubes nothing that benefits this community will come of it, it will simply drive some users away from linkspun, be it 5 users or 50 and that is a valuable loss.
The only thing that makes this community work is having lots of webmasters.
I understand the moral side of vrocks argument but webmasters should be allowed to make their own minds up on trades.

i would leave things the way they are now, the only thing that loses out here is linkspun.
I disagree, totally and many new webmasters who join are probably not even aware of illegal tubes compared to sponsor 2 minute clips. Google once killed the link lists when it had a major update. Google had a Panda update and it slung the tubes to the top of the rankings. The more of us that keep linking to tubes will just send a message out to the google algo that "YES that was a good idea, look at how popular they are with everyone linking to them".

The more webmasters that avoid linking to tubes the more chance we have of a future shift killing them off. I am glad a lot of adult webmasters have dropped away, not the sponsors but the affiliates. One day Google will have another major update and if it is one that kills the tubes as it did the link lists I hope I am around and ready to pick up some juicy traffic.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

yaz_john wrote:Hi, just wanted to chime in here. I don't think you can really determine if a tube is 'illegal' just by browsing it.

Our tubes have bonafide user uploads, sponsor uploads with their ads underneath, and licensed content. We have spent over $500,000 on licensed content for the sites.

What is illegal is spidered content off other tubes, from torrents, newsgroups, etc.

Further, we use mediawise/vobile digital fingerprinting analysis to filter out user uploads that violate copyright.
Determining illegal tubes is really easy... They are the ones I receive copies of DMCA complaints about...

Yes, I am aware plenty of tubes license their content and police themselves. I am also aware that most do not and the tubes that started this discussion definitely did not.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

seomedia wrote:
CodeR70 wrote:

Well said, We all got the invitation, we were are all asked and entitled to give our input, we can express ourselves the way we want to thats how a community works, if you don't like it, fine go away and if you followed these "community" liberties that we are given here on linkspun then maybe your forum wouldn't be a dead stick right now like it has been for years.

Regarding LS as a paysite, someone here invested in this project when many turned their back on Jon, when he had to pay his coder, so for someone here this could be a paysite.
You are such a tool it is so fucking hilarious...

This forum is a support forum, not a general adult webmaster board, "lets chum it up" forum. That is why it is dead. 90% of the posts are support related.
  • Please look at my trade
  • Twan is banning the bot?
  • Spider didn't find my link
You and your crony keep talking about the drama and GFY'ness and then you also talk about how it isn't GFY... I laugh out loud at you.

As for subscriptions... That is in the works.
blogwiz

Post by blogwiz »

I say any site that has child porn should be banned but other than that I think the webmasters should decide who to trade with....I mean you have a deny button for a reason! I personally go to every site who request a link exchange and if the have malware or tons of pop ups after I close their page then I try not to do a link exchange with those sites, if the content is something that doesn't match my niche I hit the deny button. We are grown ups we can make up our own minds no matter what the government thinks we can think for ourselves!
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

I love linkspun on the concepts it was built on
Twopoint

Post by Twopoint »

Ok so your going to go by DMCA complaints. What if that tube site follows the DMCA and removes the content, would you still consider that an illegal tube?

If anything you should just have a tick box which users can tick if they want to receive trades from tubes.
seomedia

Post by seomedia »

vrocks wrote:

This forum is a support forum, not a general adult webmaster board, "lets chum it up" forum. That is why it is dead. 90% of the posts are support related.
You and your crony keep talking about the drama and GFY'ness and then you also talk about how it isn't GFY... I laugh out loud at you.

By sending us your screen message you invited us here to discus a matter that you personally think is very important. I responded with my thoughts and the above is your answer. I simply didn't agree with you and above is your response. Not only does this not look good from my prospective, but I think that the whole community besides a few can agree that, you lost respect, by posting the above.
You just made this thread a GFY thread with the above.

Regards :)
CodeR70

Post by CodeR70 »

vrocks wrote:You are such a tool it is so fucking hilarious...

Wasnt he talking about the greenguys forum?
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

CodeR70 wrote:Ignorance or arrogance, I dont know. Clueless at least IMHO.

Typical admin response about how many effort he/she puts in and how UBER they in fact are. Dude, you are an admin, you supposed to do the job you TOOK yourself. You are not entitled to have an opinion in that role but just do what you have to do.
I am trying to figure out why I don't ban you...

I knew John well enough to know that if you talked to him in this manner your ass would have been banned. Just about any other site operator I know would have banned you by now.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

seomedia wrote:
vrocks wrote:

By sending us your screen message you invited us here to discus a matter that you personally think is very important. I responded with my thoughts and the above is your answer. I simply didn't agree with you and above is your response. Not only does this not look good from my prospective, but I think that the whole community besides a few can agree that, you lost respect, by posting the above.
You just made this thread a GFY thread with the above.

Regards :)

Yes, I did invite you here to discuss this topic. Correct.

So discuss it without crying like a bitch.

Let me help you...

Your response (not verbatim): This sucks. You are ruining what my good friend Jon created.

A proper response would have been: Personally, I don't think we should regulate tubes. Maybe if Congress starts doing it specifically... then, maybe? I knew Jon well and it was my perception he didn't have a problem with tubes.
vrocks

Post by vrocks »

I have read your views on this topic and appreciate you all taking the time to give your input. Ultimately I referred to my ICQ log history with Jdoughs in making a determination on which route LS should take on the matter.

LS currently will not treat tubes (illegal or otherwise) any differently than any other site. This might change when Jdoughs gets back or if Congress passes a law specifically targeted at full length video tubes.

Thank you all for making LS the premier adult link trading site.